Pt. 4

"I mean- come on! You can't just break in the middle of the night and expect me to hit the road with you guys." Sam complained as we walked down the stairs.

"I told you we should've just knocked like normal people."

"You're not hearing me Sammy. Dad's missing and I need you and Daph to help me find him."

"Would I be here if it wasn't important?" I asked Sam.

"Remember the poltergeist in Amberest or the devils gate in Clifton? He was missing and he's always fine." Dean stopped making us stop.

"Not for this long, now you gonna come with us or not?"

"I'm not." Sam answered

"Why not?"

"I swore I was done hunting for good."

"Come on, it wasn't easy but it wasn't that bad." Dean said walking towards the entrance.

"Yeah? When I told dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45." Dean stopped again.

"What was he supposed to do?"

"I was nine years old. He was supposed to say 'Don't be afraid of the dark.'"

Didn't I say that to him? I thought.

"'Don't be afraid of the dark?' Are you kidding me? You should be afraid. You know what's out there."

"Yeah I know but still- the way we grew up after mom was killed and dad's obsession to find the thing that killed her, but we still haven't found the damn thing. So we kill everything we can find." I grew sad, mom was a very sensitive topic for me and Dean. I may have been two when the incident happens but I remember somethings about mom, the way she looked, smell, sung, smile...

"We save a lot of people doing it too." Dean argued causing Sam to scoff.

"You think mom would've wanted this for us?" Dean opened the door, I could feel his anger. "The weapon training and melting- the silver into bullets? Man, we were raised like warriors." We walked up the stairs and towards the car.

"So what are you going to do? You gonna live some normal apple-pie life? Is that it?" Dean asked looking at his baby brother.

"No, not normal. Safe."

"And that's why you ran away." Dean scoffed.

"I was just going to college. It was dad who said if I was gonna go, I should stay gone." I looked down remembering that night. There was so much arguing and screaming.

"We can't do this alone." I snap out of my thoughts.

"Yes you can, you both got each other, Daph's pretty much stronger than you and smarter than me." Not really, I just read...

"Yeah well...I don't want to. I'm sure Daph would be happy if you came too." Sam glanced at me and I gave him a small smile.

"Dean, if he doesn't want to then we need to respect his wishes." I defended Sam.

"You're too nice to him. He needs to help us."

"Dean as much as I acknowledge him as my father you know how I feel about him. Sam has made his choice. He should at least be the one to live."

"Why? Because he's the youngest?" I sighed.

"I don't want to fight with you, you know I hate it." I said feeling tears trying to form in my eyes.

"What was he hunting?" I blinked my tears away and looked at Sam.

"You sure?" Sam nodded. I gave him a small smile and we walked towards the Impala where Dean opened the trunk and took out my bat before opening his other trunk.

"It's good to see you again Sam." I gave him a side hug. He hugged me back.

"You too."

"Alright, where the hell did I put that thing?

"So when dad left, you two didn't go with him?"

"We were working our own gig- I was in New Orleans,"

"And I was hunting on my own, I was in Texas and I had just finished a job. I was thinking of stopping by and paying you a visit, but." I shrugged.

"Dad let you two go on a hunting trip by yourself?" I raised a brow.

"I'm 26 dude."

"I was 21 when I convinced him that going solo I would help people more."

"Expect a baby shower invite soon." I rolled my eyes.

"I told you I'm not pregnant Dean."

"Why would he say that?"

"Because-"

"Because, Sammy, our dear sister has herself a boyfriend." Sam looked at me shocked.