Pt. 6

As me and Sammy waited in the car while Dean grabbed some grub we chatted. "So dad really let you go off by yourself?"

"Mhm!"

"And when did you meet your boyfriend?"

"A little after you left. I somehow conceived dad to let me hunt on my own. Wanted Dean to come with but he refused. Then I met my two hunting buddies."

"What are their names?"

"Colt and Eddie."

"And you're dating who?"

"Colt."

"Hm, does dad know?"

"Nope, never will." He scoffed with a smile and continued looking through the articles while I played with his hair. "Never cut your hair Sammy,"

"Alright."

"Hey! You want breakfast?" We turned to see Dean. He took out a can of grape Arizona and a small bread cake and gave it to me. I smiled and opened the bag with the bread and began eating it.

"No crumbs okay?"

"Mhm."

"No thanks." Sam said."So how'd you pay for that stuff? You guys still running credit-card scams." I snorted.

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro-ball career." Dean said.

"All we do is apply Sammy, not really our fault they send us the card." I chuckled.

"Yeah and what names did you write on the application this time." I sat down drinking my juice.

"Uh Bert Aftamiam and his son Hector. Scored two cards out of it." Dean said getting in the car.

"Ophelia Evans." I said pulling out my card.

"Sounds about right. I swear man, you gotta update your cassette-tape collection."

"Why?" Me and Dean asked.

"Well for one- they're cassette tapes, and two- Black Sabbath, motor head, Metallica, is this Rick Astely?"

"Don't diss my man." I said taking the cassette from him and putting it back in the box.

"It's the greatest hits of mullet rock and that is something else." I took my tongue out at him.

"House rules Sammy- Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole, and back stays silent." I rolled my eyes while continuing to eat my 'breakfast'.

"You know- Sammy is a chubby 12-year-old. It's Sam okay?"

"Sammy~" I sang as one of Loveless' songs started to play loudly.

"Sorry I can't hear you! The music is too loud!" I laughed as Dean started driving.

-/-

"All right, so there's no one matching dad at the hospital or morgue, so that's something I guess." I nodded when I saw something in front of us. "The hell?" Dean pulled over.

"Who're we going as?" I asked as I got my bag and went though it. Dean showed me the badge and I nodded looking for mine.

"Let's go." I fixed my hair and changed my jacked into a black trench coat and got out the car before patting Sam on the shoulder.

We walked on the bridge and walked up to a cop. "So this kid Troy- he's dating you daughter isn't he? How's Amy doing?" One of them asked.

"She's been putting up missing posters downtown."

"You fellas had another one like this last month, didn't you?"

"And who are you?" Dean showed the police his fake badge.

"You three a little young for marshals, aren't you?"

"We're flattered officer." I winked.

"So back to another one like this, correct?" Dean said.

"Yeah, that's right, about a mile up the ride. There have been others before that."

"So this victim- you knew him." I suppressed a smile as Sammy decided to play.

"A town like this- everybody knows everybody."

"Any connection to the victims besides that they're all men?" Dean asked.

"No. Not so far as we can tell."

"So what's the theory?" Sam asked waking around while I followed him.

"Honestly? We don't know. Serial murderer, kidnapping ring." We stood on the side of Dean.

"Well, that is exactly the kind of crack police work I'd expect out of you guys." Sam stepping on his foot and I pinched his side.

"Thanks for your time officer." I said

"Gentlemen, ma'am." We began walking away. Dean slapped me and Sam up the head.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"Why'd you have to step in my foot and pinch me?"

"Why'd you talk to the police like that? You idiot." I sighed.

"Come on! They don't really know what's going on! We're all alone on this if we're going to find dad!"

"This is why we do this, because we protect the truth from people! Normal people like them!"