Pt. 18

"Looks like someone's home for supper." Dean said.

"We'll never outrun it." Hailey sighed. I looked at my brothers as we looked at one another.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dean asked.

"Sadly I do." I said fixing my hold on Eddie.

"Alright, stay with sam and Daphne. They're going to get you out of here."

"What are you going to do?" Hailey asked him. We stayed silent. No matter how many times we've done this, I can never get used to it.

"You better come back alive or else." I hissed. He winked at us and left.

"It's chow time, your freakin' bastard! Yeah, that's right! Bring it on, baby! I taste good!" He screamed. I frowned and we continued making our way to the exit as we heard growling nearby. We made our way through and heard growling again.

"Alright, get out of here."

"Sam, no!" I said. He gave me a look. I shook my head. Begging him.

"Go!" He yelled.

"I'll stay." Colt assured. I shook my head about to protest when he cut me off. "Eddie needs you, so do they." I shit my eyes and nodded. I fixed Eddie's position and led the others towards the door. Please be safe please be safe please be safe! I shouted in me head hearing a flare gun go off. I turned.

"Sammy!? Colt!?" I shouted. Two figures came running towards us.

"Hurry hurry hurry! Go!" Sam hurried. He helped carry Tommy while Colt helped me with Eddie. The sound of snarls and growling followed behind us. Hailey scream.

We came to another turn only to find it was a dead end. The Wendigo's sounds grew louder and louder. "Get behind me!" Sam shouted, pushing everyone behind. Colt did the same. Soon the Wendigo found us and trapped us. Letting out a monstrous roar only to be interrupted by Dean.

"Hey!" He shouted. As he turned back Dean shot a flare straight into its stomach. The creature growing in flames letting out painful roars and shrieks. "Not bad, huh?" Dean asked. I huffed relieved to see my big brother.

-/-

After that fiasco, we came back to the Ranger station covered in injuries and dirt. Ranger Wilkinson was shocked to say the least when he saw us before calling the police and ambulance.

Sam helped Hailey's brother explain what happened, explaining that it was a bear. Dean talked with Hailey and I spoke with Colt and Eddie.

"Man I hate camping." Dean spoke, leaning on the Impala.

"Me too." Replied Sammy.

"Sam, you know we're gonna find Dad, right?" Dean asked our little brother.

"Yeah I know. In the mean time...I'm driving." I snorted. Dead sighed and threw him the keys. "Daph, you coming?" He asked me. I looked over to the boys who nodded.

"I'm sure I can survive sleeping alone a few more nights."

"Just a few?" I joked.

"Just call me, okay?" He asked. I laughed and nodded, giving him a kiss before hopping in the back of the Impala. My brothers waved them bye as Sam drove off with Dean reminding him to be careful with the car.

-/-

I walked out the restroom, fixing my sweater and coming back to see Dean giving Sammy and look. "You know Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while."

"What? Missed your chance with a chick again?" I asked.

"At least you get to have fun whenever you want."

"Ah yes, the nights in hotels and the things we did. Don't make me talk about my sex life Dee Dee. You don't want to know what we do." I smiled devilish at him. He looked disgusted and sighed.

"Here, take a look at this. I think I got one." He said showing us what he circled on the newspaper. "Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, 18, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water-"

"Nothing?" I asked, eating my pancakes. He nodded.

"Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found, either. They had a funeral two days ago."

"Funeral?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah it's weird. They buried an empty coffin for closure of whatever." Dean answered.

"Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Dean. Other people just stop looking for them." He said. I stopped eating my pancakes and looked at Sam, questioned.

"Something you want to say to me?" Dean asked.

"Trail for dad- it's getting colder every day." He spilled.

"Exactly, so what're we supposed to do?" Dean asked.

"I don't know. Something. Anything!"

"You know what? I'm sick of this attitude. You don't think I want to find dad as much as you do?"

"Yeah I know you do it's just-"

"We're the one that's been with him every single day for the past two years! While you were off to college going to pep rallies-"

"That's enough. Both of you. Sam, I know you want answers, I came to help Dean and now I'm here to help you too. We will find him, but we're going to be doing what exactly we were raised to do."

"Daph a right. We will find dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?" Dean asked but soon got distracted when one of the waitresses walked by. I rolled my eyes and finished my coffee.

"Lake Manitoc. Hey."

"Huh?"

"How far?"

-/-

We soon arrived to Lake Manitoc at the Carlton residence. Decided to go as Agents I got my coat and looked the part before joining the two boys at the front porch. A boy opened the door. He looked tired. "Will Carlton?" Dean asked.

"Yeah that's right." He answered, skeptical.

"I'm Agent Ford, this is Agent Hamill and Agent Agnes. We're with the U.S wildfire service."