Pt. 19

We asked about the lake and his sister. Will led us to put back before explaining what happened. "She was about 100 yards out. That's where she got dragged down."

"And you're sure she didn't just drown?" Dean asked.

"She was a varsity swimmer. She practically grew up in that lake. She's as safe out there as in her own bathtub." Will assured.

"So no splashing, no sign of distress?" Sam asked him.

"No. That's what I'm telling you."

"Did you see any shadows in the water, maybe some dark shape breach the surface?" He asked again.

"No. Again, she was really far out there." The boy repeated.

"You ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline?" Dean asked.

"No, never. Why? What do you thinks out there." I glanced at the lake. Despite the terrible incident, the lake was really beautiful.

"We'll let you know as soon as we do." Dean assured, walking off. Sam stayed still looking to the man on the dock.

"What about your father? Can we talk to him?" Sam asked. The boy glanced back and sighed.

"Look, if you don't mind, I mean, he didn't see anything. And he's kind of been through a lot." He replied.

"We understand. Our condolences to you and your family. Thank you for having us." I said, gently pushing my brother away to the car.

-/-

We decided to find a little more about the case from the police. Of course we're still going as Wildlife Services. "Now, I'm sorry but why does the Wildlife Services car about an accidental drowning?"

"You sure it's accidental?" Sammy asked. "Will Carlton saw something grab his sister."

"Like what?" The man asked before motioning us to take a seat. There were only two seats, Sam and dean tried to choose who of the two should sit but the man was nice enough to bring in an extra seat. To which I thanked him. "There are no indigenous carnivores in that lake. There's nothing even big enough to pull down a person, unless it was the loch ness monster."

"Yeah, right." Dean agreed, giving us a look. The loch ness monster isn't real, that we do know of. Or at least Bobby confirmed it. I thought.

"Will Carlton was traumatized and sometimes the mind plays tricks. Still, we dragged the entire lake. We even ran a sonar sweep just to be sure, and there was nothing down there."

"That's weird, thought. That's the third missing body this year." Dean brought up.

"I know. There are people from my town. These are people I care about."

"I know."

"Anyway," he sighed, "all this- It won't be a problem much longer."

"What do you mean?" I asked a bit curious. The officer gave us a confused look.

"Well, the Dam, of course." He said.

"Oh! Right, the Dam." I said, glancing at my brothers a bit confused.

"Right, it's a leak." Dean said.

"It's falling apart and the Feds won't give us the grant to repair is, so they opened the spillway. In another six months, there won't be much of a lake. There won't be much of a town, either, but as Federal Wildlife, you already knew that."

"Exactly." Dean assured. Well, now we know that. Soon a knock on the door interrupted us. We turned back to see a pretty girl at the door.

"Sorry, am I interrupting?" She asked. "I can come back later." All of us stood up.

"Gentlemen, ma'am, this is my daughter." I mentally rolled my eyes seeing Dean be the first to introduce himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dean." He introduced himself shaking her hand.

"Andrea Bar. Hi."

"They're from the Wildlife Service about the lake."

"Oh." I noticed something behind her and tilted my head to see a boy come out from behind her.

"Hi there, little guy." I greeted with a smile. "What's your name?" I asked. The boy didn't look up and instead walked away. "Oh...did I do something wrong?" I asked. Andrea shook her head and followed behind the boy.

"His name's Lucas." I nodded having my question answered.

"Is he okay?" Sam asked.

"My grandson's been through a lot. We all have." We frowned a little and looked back to Lucas and Andrea. "Well, if there's anything else I can do for you, please, let me know."

"Thank you." I said, walking out the office first.

"You know, now that you've mentioned it, could you point us to the direction of a reasonably priced motel?" Dean asked, looking at Andrea. She smiled.

"Lakefront Motel- go around the corner, it's two blocks up."

"Two- would you mind showing us?" Dean asked. I slowly closed my eyes and sighed. Andrea chuckled.

"You want me to walk you two blocks?" Sam and I glanced at each other before sighing.

"Not if it's any trouble."

"...I'm headed that way anyway." She gave up. "I'll be back to pick up Lucas at three. We'll go to the park, okay sweetie?" She asked, kissing her son on the head. I smiled, kids are adorable.