Pt. 24

We sat in the sheriff's office as we explained to him again what we saw. "Okay, just so I'm clear. You see... something attack bill's boat, sending Bill, who is a very good swimmer, by the way, into the drink, and you never see him again?"

"Yeah, that about sums it up." Dean said.

"Exactly as we said." I agreed.

"And I'm supposed this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake- and what you're describing is impossible and you're not really wildlife service?" He asked. We looked at him 'confused'. "That's right. I checked." Shit. I thought. "The department's never heard of you two."

"See? Now, we can explain that-"

"Enough, please. The only reason you're breathing free air is one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat just before you did. So we have a couple of options here. I can arrest you for impersonating government officals and hold you as material witnesses to Bill Carlton's disappearance, or, we can chalk this all up to a bad day, you get into your car you put this town in your rearview mirror, and you don't ever darken my doorstep again." He huffed angrily.

"Door number two sounds good." Sam answered.

"That's the one I'd pick." He agreed.

-/-

I couldn't help but think of Lucas. Something just didn't sit right with me. So far Lucas has been right with his drawings- but this...I just can't let it go. I thought. "Green." Sam pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What?" Dean asked.

"Light's green." Sam repeated. The car and turned to the right, away from the interstate. "Uh, the interstate's the other way."

"I know." Dean said, making the car go faster.

"You got a bad feeling too, don't you?" I asked Dean.

"Something ain't right." He replied.

"But, Dean, this job- I think it's over." Sam spoke.

"I'm not so sure." Dean said.

"If Bill murdered Peter Sweeney and Peter's spirit got its revenge, case closed. The spirit should be at rest."

"Should?" I asked.

"So what if we take off and this thing isn't done? What if we missed something? What if more people get hurt?"

"But why would you think that?" Sammy asked.

"Because, we are the ones who have the ability- who know how we can try to stop it. And if we don't- that's blood on our hands." I sighed.

"And because Lucas was really scared." Dean added.

"That's what this is about?"

"I just don't want to leave town till I know the kid's okay."

"Who are you and what have you done with my brother?" Sam scoffed.

"Shut up."

-/-

We arrived at Andrea and Lucas' house. Despite it being late, we decided to go on with it. "Are you sure about this? It's pretty late."

"We're just going to see if Lucas is okay and if he is, then...we'll move on. Okay?" I asked. Sam sighed and nodded. I heard Dean ring the bell and not even a second passed, a terrified and panting Lucas opened the door. "Lucas!?"

"Lucas what's wrong-" The boy turned and ran up the stairs so we followed him.

"Lucas!?" I shouted in panic. We reached the top and water was streaming down the stairs. He knocked on the door quickly but I pulled him away so Dean could kick the door open. When he got the door open in one kick, I let the my brother take the child while Sam and I used our strength to pull out Andrea. I don't know why, but I could feel rage from the water. "PULL HARDER!" I shouted at Sammy.

We were able to pull Andrea out of the water to let her breath and then out the bathtub. I quickly ripped off the towel from the nearby racket and threw it over her body, covering her nude body. I huffed and sat her up, letting her lean on me so she could breath properly. I looked over toLucas who was frightened and relieved at the same time.

"Dean, take Lucas to his room, calm him down. Sam, get me another towel. I'll take her to her room to get changed. We'll talk once she's better." I ordered.

When all was done, I stayed with her in her room so she could relax a bit more. I felt a bit exhausted and I wasn't sure why. Perhaps I was overwhelmed by too many negative feelings from others. I called out to Sam once more. "What's wrong?"

"Get me the gummy bears from the car, and heat up some water in the kitchen. We'll be down soon." I said.