Pt. 21

Lucas continued to stay silent, coloring a sun. "All right, so I'm a sucky Artist. We'll see you around, Lucas." I smiled and placed my drawing of the sky with a little white rabbit on the ground eating grass. At least I hoped he can tell it was a rabbit.

"Hope you have fun coloring." I said before walking with Dean back to the other two. "Hey, you tried. If anything, I think you got to him." I said, playfully nudging him.

"-He hasn't said a word. Not even to me. Not since his dad's accident." We heard Andrea talk.

"Yeah, we heard. Sorry."

"Our deepest condolences for your loss." I said sadly.

"What are the doctors saying?" Sam asked.

"That it's a kind of post-traumatic stress."

"That can't be easy for either of you."

"We moved in with my dad. He helps out a lot. it's just...When I think about what Lucas went through, what he saw..." She trailed off.

"Kids are strong. You'd be surprised what they can deal with." Dean assured.

"You know, he used to have such life. He was hard to keep up with, to tell you the truth. Now he just sits there, drawing those pictures, playing with those army men. I just wished- hey, sweetie." She greeted Lucas.

We were suddenly surprised when Lucas handed Dean and me and picture he drew. It was a house. "Thanks, Lucas."

"Thank you, it's really cool." I said. We glanced at each other still surprised by the sudden interruption.

-/-

I sighed, laying on the bed about to take a nap when we got a call from Sammy about some news. Not a moment later he walked through the door. "So, I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessie."

"What do you mean?" Dean asked.

"I just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." I sat up confused.

"He drowned?"

"Yep, in the sink."

"How- The sink?" I asked.

"Exactly. What the hell?" Dean said. "So this isn't a creature, we're dealing with something else.

"First it was the lake, but a sink? I highly doubt he did it to himself- so what the hell- wait." I said, thinking for a moment.

"You thought of something?"

"I'm not sure. Call me crazy but what if this thing can use water when it feels like."

"Like a water wreath? Some kind of demon?"

"Maybe?"

"Well it's something that controls water- something from the same source."

"The lake- Which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time."

"And if can get through the pipes. It can get to anyone, almost anywhere. It's gonna happen again soon."

"We do know one other thing for sure, this has got something to do with Bill Carlton."

"Took both his kids, that isn't right." I sighed.

"And I've been asking around. Lucas' dad, Christ- Bill Carlton's godson."

"Whoa. Yeah looks like he's definatly got something to do with this. Maybe a curse?"

"We'll have to see."

-/-

I sighed, looking at the lake. Still so beautiful..."Mr. Carlton?" Sammy called. The poor man turned to us, a dead and pained expression in his eyes. "We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

"We're from the Department-"

"I don't care who you're with." Bill cut him off. "I've answered enough questions today."

"Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there?" He stayed silent, looking out on the water. "Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death- we think there must be a connection. To you or your family."

"My children are gone. It's...It's worse than dying...Go away...please." He silently cried. We nodded and turned around to walk, but I froze and glanced back to the lake. I could've swore I heard something...

"Hey," Dean snapped me out, "let's go." I nodded and followed them to the car.

"What do you think?" Sammy asked us.

"I think the poor guy's been through hell." Dean said truthfully.

"It's not easy to loose someone that close to you." I said sighing. I couldn't get that sound out of my head.

"So now what?" Sammy asked. I heard silence before Dean hummed. WE turned to him questioned.

"Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something." He proceeded to take out the folded drawing of the house that Lucas gave to us. I looked at it and then at Bill's house, tilting my head. It looks exactly the same? I thought.