Pt. 15

We continued on until we reached black water ridge and Sam asked him for the coordinates.

"35 and minus 111."

"Coordinates were 555 minus 11." I whispered as we looked around.

"You hear that?" I nodded.

"It's too quiet."

"I'm gonna take a look around."

"You shouldn't go off by yourself." Sam said causing Roy to chuckle.

"That's sweet. Don't worry about me." I rolled my eyes as he passed us.

"All right, everybody stays together. Let's go." I continued looking around as we walked.

"It's too quiet to the point where it might make my ears ring." I muttered.

"I'll sing ya a song?" Eddie joked.

"Very funny."

"Hailey! Over here!" We turned and ran towards Roy's voice to find a messed up campsite.

"Looks like a Grizzly." It was a big mess, things were scattered everywhere, the tents were clawed up and turned or bathed with dried blood. Hailey dropped her bag and began to call out her bother's name very loudly. Sam ran up to her trying to quiet her.

"Sam!" We heard Dean's voice.

"Go, take Eddie, I'll stay with the rest." He nodded and left with Eddie. I saw Hailey look around some more. I saw the boys return. Dean walked to Hailey and Sam and Eddie walked to us, shaking their heads.

"No skinwalker or black dog."

"Then what?" Maybe I should call bobby?

"Help!" I jumped a bit hearing a sudden voice.

"Please! Somebody help me!"

"Eddie stay!" He nodded and we all ran to help the voice. We continued until we stopped in an open space.

"Daph?" We listened and looked around.

"I-I'm not sure."

"It seem like it was coming from around here, didn't it?" Then realization hit me.

"Everybody back to camp! Now!" We all ran back towards the campsite only to find that our stuff was gone. I looked around.

"Eddie!?" No answer. "Shit!" I cursed.

"What the hell's going on?"

"It's smart. It wants to cut us off so we can't call or help."

"You mean someone- some nut job out there just stole all our gear." Sam came up to us asking to speak in private. Colt stayed and we went to talk.

"Let me see dad's journal." Dean took it out and handed it to him.

"All right, check this out." We looked to see a drawing and some writing. I raised a brow.

"A windigo?" I asked.

"They're only in Minnesota woods or northern Michigan. I've never even heard of one this far west."

"If not then what else could it be?"

"Think about it- the claws, the way it can mimic a human voice." I sighed.

"Well then this is useless." He said talking about guns. I nodded.

"We have to get these people to safety." I nodded.

"Me and Colt will stay. We can't leave with Eddie out there." He wanted to say no but he understood. Then we began walking back.

"All right, listen up. It's time to go. Things have gotten more complicated."

"What?" Hailey asked.

"Whatever's out there I think I can handle it."

"If you shoot this thing you're just gonna make it mad. We have to leave now." Sammy told them.

"One, you're talking nonsense, two, you're in no position to give anybody orders." Roy argued.

"We never should have let you come out in the first place. I'm trying to protect you." Sam said.

"You protect me? I was hunting these woods when you mommy was still kissing you good night." I got in between him and Sammy and pushed him away.

"It's a damn-near perfect hunter. It's smarter than you. It just took my friend! It's going to hunt you down and eat you alive unless we get your stupid sorry ass out of here." I warned. He simply laughed at me.

"You know you're crazy, right?"

"Yeah? You ever hunt a win-" I pushed sam away looking at him.

"Don't." Hailey intervened telling us to stop.

"Look, Tommy and your friend might still be alive. And I'm not leaving here without him, and I don't think you're leaving either." I sighed.

"It's getting late. This thing is a good hunter in the day, but an unbelievable hunter at night. We'll never beat it- not in the dark. We need to settle in and protect ourselves." Dean said.

-:-

Now it was night time. We explained to them that the thing out there was a Windigo. I was with Colt trying to come up with a way to survive the night and find it's resting place. It it takes food and saves them for later then there must be a place nearby that's holding them. Roy was making fun of Dean about the Ananzi symbols. I saw Sammy and Dean talking to each other. I could tell Sammy was getting anxious. I know he wants to go find dad. I sighed.

"Hey, it'll be all right." Colt said hugging me.

"HELP!" I jolted up gripping my gun and looked around. We walk closer to the group huddling in a protective circle.