Pt. 20

"So, cute kid." Dean started. We followed Andrea until we saw the Motel nearby.

"Thanks." She replied. Upond crossing the street he spoke again.

"Kids are the best, huh?" Sam and I looked at him and he looked back at us. We mocked him with a smile.

"There it is. Like I said, two blocks."

"Thanks."

She sighed. "Must be hard with your sense of direction, never being able to your way to a decent pick up line." I coughed to avoid letting out a snort. Dean gave me a warning look and Sam grinned as she walked away. I finally let out a laughed.

"'Kids are the best'? You don't even like kids." Sam said.

"I love kids."

"Oh really?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip.

"Name three children that you even know." Sam challenged. Dean froze and looked up in thought. I snorted and pat Sam's back before walking towards the Motel's office.

"I'm thinking!"

-/-

I stretched out and laid my clothes out on the bed. I began making out beds and we sorted out who would sleep where. I would take turns in sleeping with each of them. Dean says something about my body heat and Sam said something about spending more time with him.

At the moment I was wearing comfortable jeans with a dark grey sweatshirt and a tank top underneath, and sitting across from Sam while he did his research. "So there's the three drowning victims this year."

"And before that?" Dean asked.

" Uh yeah. Six more, spread out over the past 35 years. Those bodies were never recovered, either."

"Jesus." I muttered.

"If there is something out there, it's picking up its pace."

"So we got a lake monster on a binge?" Dean asked.

"This whole lake monster theory- it just bugs me." Sam huffed.

"Why?" Dean asked.

"Well, for starters, I don't think it's real. I mean- Bobby and other hunters say different things."

"Loch ness, Lake Champlain- there are literally hundred of witnesses accounts, but here, almost nothing. Whatever it is out there, no one's living to talk about it."

"We'll have to dig deeper for a clue at least." I sighed.

"Wait, Bar," Dean spoke, pointing to the laptop screen. "Christopher Bar- where have I heard that name before?"

"Isn't that Andrea's last name?" I asked.

"Christopher Bar, the victim in May. Christopher Bar was Andrea's husband, Lucas' father." My eyes narrowed, sadden. Oh no...I thought. "Apparently, he took Lucas out swimming. Lucas was on a floating wooden platform when Chris drowned...two hours before the kid got rescued." I frowned and scratched my wrist with my thumbnail. "Maybe we have an eyewitness after all." Sam sighed, scratching his head.

"Lucas..." I muttered.

"No wonder that kid was so freaked out. Watching one of your parents die isn't something you just get over." Dean said. I nodded twitching a little.

-/-

We decide to go to the nearby park. Since Andrea and Lucas would be there. We managed to spot them. Andrea was sitting on the bench watching her son draw. We approached her and Sam spoke up. "Can we join you?" He asked. She smiled.

"I'm here with my son." We looked over.

"Mind if I say hi?"

"Me too?" I asked. Dean walked away first and I followed him.

"How's it going?"

"Hi, Lucas. Hope we're not interrupting your drawing time." I said gently, before we both sat on the ground.

"Oh I used to love these things." Dean said picking up a toy solider. He began making gun sounds. hoping to get his attention, but failed.

"I think crayons are more this things." I chuckled.

"That's cool. Chicks dig artists." I rolled my eyes and saw a pile of drawings to the side.

"Ooh, you drew these? That's so cool." I asked. "Mind if we join you in drawing?" I asked.

"You know, I'm not a bad drawer myself."

"He's lying. He's terrible."

"Hey, you said you like the drawing I made you a while ago." I stayed silent with a smile as he handed me a red construction paper. I carefully made sure I didn't take a color Lucas might use, the color blue. I began drawing the sky.

"...You know, I'm thinking you can hear us. You just don't want to talk." Dean started. "I don't know exactly what happened to your dad, but I know it was something real bad. I think we know how you feel." I drew a little slower, listening to his words. "When I was your age, I saw something. Daph here, she was younger but she saw it too..." I stopped and looked up to see Dean with his mouth open about to continue. I placed a hand on his calf and felt sadness.

"It's okay." I whispered.

"...Anyway... Well, maybe you don't think anyone will listen to you or uh, believe you. I want you to know that we will. You don't even have to say anything You could draw me a picture about what you saw that day. With your dad on the lake."

Lucas stayed silent but I knew Dean's words got to him. "Right, okay. Here, I drew this for you. This is my family. That's my dad and that...that's my mom. That's my geek brother and my sister, she's really cool, and that's me."

Aww, Dee Dee! I would hug you right now. I thought.