Pt. 8

"And who is that?" Sam asked tailing behind him.

"One of us." I sighed. There they go again...

"No I'm not like you or Daphne. This is not going to be my life!" Sam got in front of Dean. I could feel his anger as I tried to break them apart.

"Well, you have a responsibility."

"To dad and his crusade? If it weren't for pictures, I wouldn't even know what mom looks like."

Sam you're going a bit deep now...I thought.

"What difference would it make? Even if we do find the thing that killed her, Mom's gone and she isn't coming back." Suddenly Dean's anger rose up. He pushed me away and grabbed Sam by the collar and pushed him against the bridge. I could feel myself tearing up. I walked away a bit farther from them and ended up near the edge of the bridge.

I looked down at the rushing water beneath the bridge. Somehow a part of me wanted to climb and fall forward and another part said turn around.

"DAPHNE?!" I snapped out of my thought and looked around. I was on the edge, one step and I could've been done for. I turned to see Constance standing right next to me. She held a sad smile before going forward. I tried to stop her but she disappeared before she hit the ground. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me back.

"What were you doing?!" Dean asked me.

"I-" The roar of an engine cut me off. We turned to see the Impala now turned on.

"What the f-"

"Who's driving your car?" Sam asked. Dean held the car keys in front of him and then the car started to drive towards us fast. We turned and ran away. Once it got close to us I yelled.

"Scatter!" Sam and Dean jumped on one side of the bridge while I jumped on the other side holding on to on of the poles. I quietly climbed up to see the car was turned off. I got on the bridge and ran to the other side to see Sam holding on.

"Sam!" I called him holding out my hand. He climbed a little before grabbing ahold of my hand as I pulled him up. "Where's Dean?!" We looked over to the water.

"Dean!" We shouted.

"What?!" We saw him come out the water. I sighed in relief.

"Dee, you alright?!"

"I'm super!" I laughed and so did Sam. We waited until Dean got back to the bridge.

"Car alright?"

"Yeah whatever she did to it, it seems alright now. That Constance chick- what a bitch!"

"I told you to respect the dead."

"Well, she doesn't want us digging around, that's for sure." Dean sighed before leaning on the car, Sam doing the same.

"So where's the trail go from here, genius?" Dean threw his arms up and slapped his thigh. A sudden smell caught my attention.

"You smell like a toilet."

"He's right." I asked scooting away from Dean.

-/-

I waited in the car as Dean and Sam went to check out a room for us. I was on the phone with Colt asking about his day.

"Nothing much, Eddie went to the bar again and got drunk."

"Aw I missed it. He's funny when he's drunk."

"I thought I was funny?" He sounded offended. I snorted.

"You are funny, just not like Eddie when he's drunk."

"I'm hurt." he said jokingly.

"Aw does baby need a bandage for the boo boo?"

"Only if you kiss it to make it feel better." I laughed. I heard a whistle and I sat up straight and looked out the window to see Sam and Dean in front of a room. I raised a brow. "Daph?"

"I'll call you back."

"Alright be safe."

"You too." Then I hung up as I got out the car and going up the stairs.

"Dad was here." I raised a brow as Sam picked the lock.

"Then where is he?"

"He payed the room for a whole month."

"A whole month?" Sam said as he opened the door. We walked inside and he pulled Dean in as well. What was in inside shocked us.

"Holy shit..." the room was an absolute mess, papers on the wall everywhere.