Chapter 17

Selene's POV

I lounge on my throne, Jesse sitting with his head in my lap gazing up at me. It is nice to be worshipped by someone you love. I do wish I could release him from my control but I can't bear to lose him.

I close my eyes lay my head back, why do relationships have to be so complicated.

While unfocused for a mere second, I feel cold steel against my throat and my eyes flick open, I prepare to kick someone's butt but I see Jesse embracing a beautiful girl, so this is it. My dream is as short-lived as I feared, though I suppose he was never mine to lose.

Then I see him start to push against her, is there hope but then she leans in and full-force kisses him, his entire posture changes and he stares up at me in shock.

I mouth I'm sorry, hoping they won't kill me for breaking apart their lives. To my pure shock and confusion he replies ( still mouthing) me too. What on Crymont does that mean, does he love me or does he pity me for having to resort to dark magic to get my crush to notice me.

I decide to pull a power move and go into my divine form, entrapping everyone in a neat little cage I make on the spot. In fact, the craftsmanship is very professional, I am quite impressed with myself. Okay, now is not the time for that.

Then I send a minor servant down to Aligen to inform the senator I have all his criminals ready for receiving.

A few hours later I receive a reply, note to self, change messenger servant this one is super slow. He says to drop them off in packaging on a small island off the east coast, so naturally, I send my delivery servant to do it for me. But before they go just to cause some drama, I walk sexily towards Jesse, kiss him on the cheek and say:

," See you soon, babe, I know you'll be back once all your friends are dead,"

They will now definitely all hate me forever by at least they will have a fun story to tell at parties. Oh no, I'm sending them to their deaths, well then I have a fun story to tell at parties then, maybe I can throw one tonight, funnnn!!!

Evangeline's POV

I stare at Jesse as we are flown through the air," Was it real, did you feel, happy with her,"

," No, Evangeline," He takes my hands in his and looks deep into my soul," You, are everything to me and she couldn't change that, no one can,"

," Jesse..." I start to say but, I just miss him so much. I bury my head in his chest and he wraps me in a warm embrace. I know we'll all die soon, well everyone but him, but I'm just so glad he's back.

," We're gonna die," Harley shouts, as though it's just sunk in for him. Immediately, Mason goes to him as he slides down the side of this colossal cage. They weep in a ball, curled in the corner.

," Eli, I love you,"

I'm shocked, happy but surprised. I guess I should reply, he looks anxious.

," Sorry, I shouldn't have thrust this upon you like this. You don't have to – "

," No, Jesse, I love you too and I think now is the best time. We might not ever see each other again but at least I can die knowing I have found my one true love,"

," I won't let you die, I can't take it, she thinks she's saving me by keeping me alive, but she's never felt this, friendship just this twisted, possessive love she has for me. She doesn't realise living without you all is like eternal torture, I'd rather die honourably with my comrades than live as the enemies pawn," He shoots out in one breath, a heated rant.

," Then I guess we'll just have to beat the odds," I nod.

," Yeah, there must be something we can do," Blayze gestures widely in the air.

," We can call for help," Raven

," From who," Harley is still wrapped around Mason, and briefly peeks out of his embrace to gaze weakly at us all.

," I may have a contact within a certain rebel group," Raven gives a sly smile.

," What, not them," Hera shakes her head disapprovingly.

," I am dating a girl from the gang," raven shoots out in a desperate breath.

," Who," Hera says shock and slight anger plastered across her face.

," Eris,"

A collective gasp echoed through the group. Except for me, I smile slyly at Raven.

," Okay, let's not overreact, Raven how did this happen,"

," Well, I just kind of developed feelings for her really quickly and when you went missing I asked if her group had anything to do with it and she was telling me how she'd just broken up with her boyfriend and was thinking of leaving. We hung out a couple of times after that and it leads to me asking her to be my girlfriend. I was so happy but I didn't want to say anything because we were so focused on finding you," she looks at Jesse

," If you're happy I'm happy, and if she can help us I'd consider a powerful ally," Hera's anger falls away immediately.

," Yeah, we support you Raven, whoever you chose to date," Mason

," How are we going to contact her like this though," Lilith

," I may also have something to share. Selene, well she gave me magic," Jesse

," Magic, what, no one has had magic for years," I exclaim.

," Actually, Selene was descended from a powerful race of warlocks and witches, not only does she possess magic but also the power to pass it on. Me and Jesse both have unnatural abilities now," Terrance exclaims.

," I can summon shadows in any form," Jesse says.

," And I can shapeshift into any creature I can imagine," Terrance adds.

," It's simple then. Terrance, can you shapeshift in a bug and fly to Elis," Raven says.

," If Terrance can shapeshift can't he just break us out of this cage right now," Mason says.

," That would solve the current problem, but what we still need to do is take down my father and the best way to do that is to break out of our execution and start a battle in the centre of Aligen," I say.

," It's decided then, I'll leave now," Terrance takes a deep breath.

," Fly safe, we'll see you soon," Hera gives him a quick hug.

," You will and I'll bring back good news, I promise,"

Then Terrance transforms into a tiny butterfly and flutters into the open air.

," Isn't that risk though, what if no one comes, we'll all die and Jesse will be back as Selene's pet" Harley is still discouraged.

," Sometimes we have to take risks to get things done. If we don't do this we'll die eventually anyway, Aligen will never stop hunting us, we can't run forever, we have to fight back," I clench my fist.

," It's out of our hands now, we have to trust him, and Eris," Jesse says.

I sink back into Jesse's arms and look out through the bars. I could die, we all could. But for some reason, I'm not scared. Is it that I trust Terrance and Eris enough that I know we'll be safe? No, I think It's just that dying with my friends doesn't seem the worst way to go. And I'm meant to live, if my destiny is to free the citizen and unite two warring cities, surely the universe will take over and give me time.