Chapter 15

[A/N] I have decided to switch to a medieval fantasy-type genre, so if it makes no sense just roll with it. also, the image above is by Matthew Borret I found it on Pinterest.

Evangeline's POV

After about a week of searching, I'm heading out the store entrance in case anyone is hanging around who might have seen him.

A hunched-over figure leans by the doors, dirty clothes, and maybe even injured. I go over to him, as I'm a nice person. As the stranger looks up, I drop to my knees.

," Eli,"

I begin to cry as it registers in my brain. I move closer to Jesse and wrap my arms around him.

," You're back, what happened. Wait, never mind, it doesn't matter right now. Let's get upstairs."

I help him back to the apartment; I want to jump for joy but I need to make sure he's alright.

As I knock on the door, Hera comes to the door and gasps. I come in, still half-carrying Jesse, and lay him on the rug in the living room.

Everyone gathers around and Blayze gets the medkit. I sit directly at Jesse's side and hold his hand. Hera gets up and says," we're gonna have to get the clothes off but it will probably aggravate the pain,"

," It's fine, do whatever you need," Jesse breathes, his voice hoarse.

I peel off his coat and shirt slowly, but I can feel him wince, even if he's trying to hide it. When I'm done I can hardily stay conscious, blood gushes out of his abdomen.

," Eli get his head in your lap and keep talking to him, don't let him go unconscious," Hera.

I'm still in shock, but I manage to move around and lay him on my stomach, I brush his hair out of his face and talk nonsense to him, how everything's gonna be okay, he's safe now that we're gonna protect him. His eyes start close so I say:

," No, I can't lose you right now, we have been through too much and I am not gonna let this happen, you are going to survive because I need you, we all need you and we have to complete our mission, our quest. You have to promise me you won't die because I need to trust you,"

He nods slightly and I kiss him on the forehead.

Blayze rushes in and clears a path, sitting with his hands gloved and reaches over the wound, putting pressure on it with both hands.

," Lilith, I need you to grab the saline solution. Mason, I need gauze and a dressing. Harley, toss Eli a blanket, Raven I need antibiotics stat, and Hera, can you help me keep the pressure on the wound."

I am stunned at how seamlessly they work; I guess they have experience. Jesse's eyes wander down, but I lightly touch his chin. Harley gives me a fluffy blanket and I drape it over Jesse's chest and shoulders, avoiding the bleeding area.

," Don't look, it'll all be over soon, we're gonna take care of you, just look at me okay,"

Soon, the team is assembled and Blayze and Hera get to work. Blayze unwraps the bandages as the bleeding slows to a halt, Hera warns Jesse and I hold him tighter as she applies saline to the wound. Jesse tenses up and I lean down and cradle his head and shoulders, rubbing the top of his head softly. He nuzzles into my touch and I feel his tears on my hands. I tenderly brush away his tears and soon he relaxes. I look up to see Blayze is now applying gauze and strapping it down with medical tape.

Blayze gestures for us all to step away and delicately picks Jesse up and lays him in a more comfortable position on the sofa, propping up his head. I breathe out slowly, the danger has passed, we can all rest now.

Flying Freeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें