Chapter seventeen: Our sunshine

"Maisy it's time for sleep, come on. Lay down." Tonight Cassidy was tucking in Maisy, and she started to cover Maisy with the covers as she slowly started to sing.

Cassidy has always had a good voice, but no one dare mentions it because they know not to. Cassidys never wanted any attention over it.

"You are my sunshine."

•.                                        •.                                   •.

• 2 and a half years ago •

"Maisy, sleepy time." Beau picked Maisy up off the floor and quietly spoke to her to drown out the sound of their parents yelling.

"You're never home! You leave me to do everything without a second thought!"

"I'm home plenty! I have a company to run and it pays the bills, you should be grateful you have a roof over your head. because. of me!"

Beau sighed, he was so sick of hearing all this yelling. They all were. But little Maisy was hardly fazed, only focusing on her pacifier.

"Does that taste good?" He cooed at her, and she smiled, reaching out for his face. "Baba."

"Hm, is that my name? Baba?" Maisy patted his face and babbled to herself. "Okay, night night Maisy."

Maisy planted a nice, slobbery kiss on his cheek before he lowered her into the crib.

•.                                       •.                                   •.

"My only sunshine."

Cassidy pulled the covers up and tucked Teddy and Bubbles in too. She laid on the small bed next to Maisy, stroking her hair as she continued.

•.                                         •.                                   •.

• 3 years ago •

"What if I want to be doing something different with my life? Why can't I get a choice?!"

This time it was Beau yelling with their dad, Darlene was screaming too, but she left. Unable to take any more for the night.

"Because I didn't get a choice either!"

The yells stopped for a second after that, but everyone in the house knew it was far from over.

"It'll be fine. They'll figure it out." Cassidy was sitting in the rocking chair in Maisys room, Maisy laying on her chest. She had been working on her computer when Maisy started crying. Without a doubt from the screaming.

Eric came in because he didn't know where else to go, Miles left before all the yelling and he didn't want to sit in his room alone.

"It doesn't sound like it."  Eric muttered to himself, he hated the yelling. But so did Maisy, it woke her up tonight and now that means she will definitely be crabby tomorrow.