Chapter thirty-one: The one all about lobsters

^^

^^ where are my sitcom fans at?_____________________________

_____________________________

"Miles!"

Amber shrieked, even though she was smiling as Miles smeared some frosting on her nose. Maisy giggled too, watching them from the counter as she ate an unfrosted cupcake.

"What?"

Amber reached behind him and smeared even more frosting over Miles' mouth and cheek.

Miles pretended to act offended, but put his hands on Ambers face, pulling her close to kiss the frosting off.

"Ewww!"

Maisy covered her eyes and stuck her tongue out at the young couple, disgusted by their love. Ick.

Miles and Amber both turned to look at her, and over-dramatically kissed again-but this time on the lips and they jokingly shook their heads a little as they did.

"Ewwww! Yucky!"

Maisy tried to swat at Miles, but Eric came over and lifted her away, whispering something into her ear before she ran out of the room.

"What was that about?"

"Cassidy texted, she says the restaurant is having some sort of seafood specialty event tonight. We're going for dinner."

•.                                       •.                                   •.

Cassidy was with Sawyer today, at the bungee fitness class. They went this morning, and had a lot of fun.

At the class, they put you in a harness that's attached to a long bungee cord that hangs from the ceiling and you do workouts, like burpees, while they blast music to pump you up.

"That was a lot of fun." Cassidy lowered her water bottle away from her face as she watched Sawyer drink from hers. They were both sweaty from the workout, but Cassidy couldn't seem to take her eyes off the one drop of dew that was running down Sawyers neck.

"Yeah, it's always a good workout." Cassidy looked down at her phone that just buzzed, reading a quick text before sighing.

"Ugh, I have to go to the restaurant and help set up." Cassidy shoved her phone and water bottle into her bag, Sawyer frowned and watched as she screwed the lid back onto hers.

"Oh that's right, I forgot you owned that place. Is something wrong?"

"No, I just have to be there to make sure everything's going okay..." In her mind she was mentally setting everything up, planning for it to be perfect.

Sawyer had drifted a little closer to her, mindlessly biting her bottom lip as she set her water down.

There was something about Sawyer that prevented Cassidy from taking her eyes off of her.