Chapter thirty-three: A break from reality

"Okay,"

Maisy clapped her hands together as they all stared at her. Well, almost everyone. Beau, Eric, Cassidy and Sawyer. Miles and Amber were currently upstairs looking for Miles' phone.

"I purpose-"

Eric interrupted Maisy, thinking it was ridiculous that she's leading a strange family meeting. She insisted that everyone be in the room to hear her, with the exception of Miles and Amber.

"Propose."

Maisy stared at Eric for a second before continuing as if he hadn't spoken.

"I pro-puz that we go to the planetawi-um."

Sawyer glanced at Cassidy, not knowing that this four year old knew what a planetarium is. Cassidy only looked to Beau, he was going to be the one to decide after all.

Beau wasn't that fazed, and stood up again. "Sorry Maisy, not today. Why don't we do something else, we just went last week."

Maisy frowned, her lip sticking out in a pout. When they go to the planetarium, everyone comes. One of the best parts of going, is that they're all there with her.

"Pwease?" Sawyer looked at Beau, wondering what he was going to do. Eric was already over it, and went to go make himself a sandwich.

Beau sighed and rubbed his neck. "What if we do something else Mais, we can go to the park?"

Maisy gave him a sad look, hoping it would convince him. "But then not everyone will come."

Cassidy sighed and turned to Beau, knowing he couldn't say no to her. "How about we go to the fair, go on a couple rides and play some games?"

Ah the fair. A place of magical prizes, sounds of music, and the joy of going on the many rides.

Beau thought about it for a second, he really just wanted to stay home and sit, but they might as well have some more forced family fun-why not?

•. •. •.

"Yay! Beauy look at this!"

Maisy held up a stuffed pig that Eric won for her at one of the game stands to Beau, then hugging it back close to her. It was about her size, so it was easy to hug.

"That's very nice Maisy, Eric won it for you?" Eric had taken her off to go play a few games while the couples split off and Beau got a lemonade.

"Mhm! He throwed a ball at the bottles. It's just the one I wanted!" Maisy was practically bouncing, so happy that she got the fluffy piggy.

Beau crouched down and was acknowledged the toy as Maisy babbled on about it, while staring at Eric. He gave him a slight smile, silently rubbing in that he's a good brother- no matter how much he downplays it.

•. •. •.

"This is nice."

Miles and Amber chose to go onto the Ferris wheel once alone, then probably all together with everyone else later.

Amber was resting her head on Miles' shoulder as they stared around them at the view. You could see all of the fair, and the lights of the city in the distance.

"Yeah...it is."

Miles smiled as he looked down at Amber, before kissing her head, and leaning in more.