forty two.

"what are we?" seungmin searched hyunjin's eyes in hope to find some sort of love. hyunjin was practically unreadable. seungmin desperately held onto his hand,tears brimming in his eyes. hyunjin remained silent.

it wasn't that he didn't like the younger boy, because he really did. it's just that he wasn't ready and he wasn't sure.

"seungmin..." he sighed upon seeing a tear slip past the younger's eyes. he felt terrible for being unresponsive to the question.

"h-hyunjin...you kn-know i like you? r-right?" seungmin spoke up after shedding a few tears. hyunjin's heart started beating, he was scared. 

"i-i do..." he answered after some time. it was very obvious that they had a thing for each other. the air was tense and bitter before seungmin spoke up again.

"if you don't like me back, p-please just tell me! i-i don't want to waste my time hyunjin!" the younger raised his voice a little. hyunjin's own eyes started to fill with tears . 

"s-seungmin its-"

"look, hyunjin. i'm tired. do you mind leaving the room?" seungmin cut hyunjin off. 

"im sorry, seungmin." hyunjin cried and left the room. as soon as he entered his room he let his body fall onto the soft comfort of his queen-sized bed. he broke into a fit of sobs as he gripped at his locks. he was sure that seungmin hated him now

he fucked up. and he fucked up bad. 

he really liked the younger and he fucked his only chance to ever get with him. 

he dreaded tomorrow, he'd obviously have to face him for his mother to not raise suspicion.

the following day, hyunjin woke up pretty late. he did stay up watching youtube videos in hope to cheer himself up a little, which resulted in him falling asleep at 4am. he yawned as he stretched his arms, wincing at the pain his swollen eyes gave him.

he rubbed his eyes and forced himself to leave his comfortable bed then quickly went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his beautiful face. 

after his little "morning routine", he gave himself a little prep-talk before heading downstairs. 

"god hyunjin, its 10am!" his mother sighed in disappointment. hyunjin quickly glanced at seungmin, who was seated at the dining table eating his pancakes.

"s-sorry mum, i fell asleep late." he mumbled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. she rolled her eyes and served him some pancakes. he muttered a small "thank you" and sat beside seungmin, giving him a small yet apologetic smile.

"g-good morning seung." he said. seungmin looked at him for a split second then returned his gaze to his food.

"good morning." he mumbled. his voice was icy and showed no emotion or interest, which hurt hyunjin  a little but after all, he felt like an asshole for what he did yesterday.

"did you boys have fun yesterday?" his mother asked the both of them. seungmin nodded but remained silent.

"y-yeah." hyunjin quickly shoved a pancake down his throat.

he quickly ate his breakfast and dismissed himself from the dining table.

seungmin was a very complicated person to understand. actually, both of them were similar in a way, which made it hard yet comforting for the both of them.

soon after, hyunjin's mother left to go shopping with the lady she was currently seeing, leaving the two boys home alone.

"seungmin,,can we talk?" hyunjin hesitantly asked once he finished cleaning the plates. the younger boy was sat on the sofa scrolling through his phone. upon getting no response, he called out again,

"s-seungmin?" hyunjin dried his hands with a towel and joined the younger on the sofa.

"what do you want?" seungmin's eyes never left his phone. 

"i-i... im sorry- about yesterday...i-i like you too seungmin." hyunjin took a deep breath,

"im sorry for not saying so when you asked i just- i don't know..." 

"was that so hard to fucking say?" seungmin asked, giving hyunjin a glare. hyunjin was confused at his remark.

"w-well...im sorry." hyunjin cried.

seungmin let out a sigh and stood up, then went to his room.

~tbc

SORRY FOR THIS SHITTY CHAPTER SJSJSJS I KNOW IT'S BEEN A MONTH-

anyways im so lost rn bc i keep writing angst.....

should i continue the angst for a bit or ???

AND PLS LEAVE SUGGESTIONS!

love you 💗