thirty-one

"What kind of danger?" Kimoon asks as he steps forward, a comforting yet concerned look plastered across his face. He crosses his arms as he looks at me, patiently waiting for me to explain what happened so he can think of any way he can to help.

"Earlier, when I was waiting for the repairman to show up at my bakery to fix the air conditioning, this man entered the shop," I take a deep breath, trying to remember every single detail that I can before it all slips away. "He had a mask covering his face, so I couldn't make out any important features. He-"

"Well, that's useful," Yoongi murmurs as he walks over to sit down at the table covered with a spread of pizza. "You can't see the guy, we can't find him."

"Hyuntae wouldn't have come to us if she didn't think it was important," Jaesuk says as he turns to Yoongi with a blank expression. "You can either shut up and listen, or you can leave."

Yoongi stuffs his mouth full of pizza and shrugs, his legs resting on the chair beside him. He waves his hand at me to tell me to continue before propping his head up on that same hand.

"The man gave me a folder, all of you were in it," I speak slowly, all of them listening to me closely as I explain everything in detail. "He told me that the tattoo shop next door was being run by the mob, he asked if I knew anything about it because I had been in the shop two days in a row and I was in there for a pretty long time."

Daehyun walks over to me and leans his body against the wall to my left. "He could be an enemy, but I don't want to jump to assumptions just yet. Keep talking."

I clear my throat before I look at the others and continue with my story. "He said they were looking for an unnamed woman, they only knew her age and what she had done in the past. They knew nothing about what she looked like or what her name was. No one he knows, including himself, has ever seen what she looks like."

"It's clear he was talking about you," Kimoon says in a calm way. He chuckles before speaking again. "He just had no idea you were standing right in front of him."

"Exactly," I smile. I reach into my pocket and grab the card the man left behind. "When he left, he gave me this business card. It has his phone number on it and-"

"Useless," Yoongi scoffs. "We can't find anything with just a phone number."

An angry growl escapes my lips as I pull my throwing knife from the sheath wrapped around my thigh. With no thought, no preparation, I throw it across the room in Yoongi's direction, a whimper coming from him seconds before the blade sticks into the wall.

Blood leaks down the side of Yoongi's face as he looks at me, his fingers pressed gently against his wound. "You missed."

"If I wanted to kill you from this distance, I could. Just say the word," I growl.

"The word," he smirks.

"Your funeral," I say as I lift my blade over my head and begin to lower my arm just as fast. I feel a hand grab around my wrist and pull my hand down, causing me to look over and see Kimoon staring at me with an almost lustful look in his eyes.

"This really isn't the time," he says in a stern tone, his eyes locking with mine. He looks down at my lips before turning away completely. "Please continue with your story."

"The business card also has an address on it," I speak, the card still sitting between my fingers. "So I figured we could-"

"Hyuntae, I love you and all," Kimoon says calmly, a slight redness spreading across his cheeks. "But you really should have led with that statement."