seventeen

Yoongi and I stay in the center of the ring, my arm wrapped around my neck and my knife pressed against his throat. His breathing is heavy, his forehead slick with sweat. I feel his Adam's apple move up and down as he swallows, his hands gripped around my arm in fear.

"I would tap out if I were you," I whisper into his ear, my hot breath travelling down his neck causing him to flinch. "Ah, ah, ah. Wouldn't want this knife to cut that pretty neck of yours."

I put my hand on Yoongi's forehead and pull his head back, exposing more of his neck to my knife, allowing me more space to choose from in the event he doesn't tap out. I press my knife to his throat, the presence of the blade causing him to suck in a deep breath.

"Oops," I chuckle. "It slipped.'

Yoongi sits there for a moment, completely silent, the blade still pressed against his neck, not yet hard enough to break his skin.

"You won't do it," Yoongi speaks, causing the men on my side of the ring to begin to ooh at his brave words.

His bravery causes me to perk up. With swift movements I lift the knife away from his neck and quickly glide the sharp blade across his upper arm, causing blood to leak from his new wound.

Yoongi hisses. "You bitch."

His body twitches against my grip and I'm quick to change positions so he's on the floor beneath me, my body straddling him. I place one hand around his neck, my legs pressing into his arms so he can't move them, my other hand pressing the blade into his chest, just above where his heart is located.

Smiling slightly, I begin to tighten the grip on my hand around his neck, slowly cutting off his airflow.

Yoongi sucks in a deep breath and shifts his body beneath mine, causing me to press my knife into the skin on his chest.

I feel his wrist move under my leg, a small tap following after. I remove some of the pressure from his arm, but don't remove my whole leg just in case he's planning on escaping my hold.

Yoongi taps the floor, his breathing ragged as I apply more and more pressure to his throat. He taps on the floor a second time, but I only press harder into the sides of his neck, more airflow cutting off.

With one final, weak movement, Yoongi taps the floor, and I remove all pressure from his neck and stand up, walking away from him as he clutches his throat and attempts to regain his breath.

"Hyuntae is the winner," Seojoon cheers, causing the men on my side to whoop and holler in my favour. "She will train Beomgyu and will remain the most valuable assassin on this team. You all may leave, Hyuntae get started with Beomgyu."

I nod and jump from the ring before walking over to Beomgyu with a smile.

"I guess I'll be your trainer now," I smile as I wrap my arm around him. He doesn't seem phased by the fact that I almost just killed a man in front of him. "You seem unphased."

"I grew up around death," he speaks up. "My dad was a serial abuser and occasional killer. He would always bring prostitutes home when he had the time, have sex with them, and abuse them almost always to death. I walked in on the last few moments when they were dying quite a few times."

I stop in my tracks, but he just continues walking.

He turns back. "You okay?"

"My dad," I breathe. "Murdered my mother right in front of me, I didn't know what to do. I just sat there and watched."

Beomgyu walks over to me and wraps his arms around me in an action of condolence. "I'm sorry to hear that, Hyuntae," I wrap my arms around him. "I hope he gets what he deserves."

"Me too," I take a deep breath before pulling away from the hug. "Should we get started on training?"

Beomgyu nods.

"What do you know about fighting?"

"Absolutely nothing," he speaks awkwardly.

I look at him for a moment before sighing. "May I ask," I whisper. "Why did you join the mob? Especially at such a young age."

"I wanted to give scumbags like my dad the treatment they deserve," his eyebrows crease and his face turns red. He's angry.

"Trust me," I place my hand on his shoulder. "That's one of the many things we do here."