thirty-four

"So what happened?" Kimoon asks as me and Chanyeol walk back into the room, the rest of the boys sitting at the table waiting patiently for our return. I guess they knew that Chan would only respond to the sound of my voice and not a bunch of strangers, so they just gave up and decided to wait it out.

"He found the gun range," I say as I sit down at the head of the table. "I told him everything, don't worry."

"Alright, so the plan," Kimoon says as he leans over on the table, his eyes locking with mine. "Have you thought of anything?"

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol raises his hand and I break eye contact with Kimoon to look over at him. "Plan for what?"

"I thought you told him everything," Jaesuk says as he turns his head in my direction, a confused expression now plastered to his face.

I shake my head in his direction before giving my full attention to Chanyeol. "A man entered the bakery earlier," I begin.

"The one with the mask?"

"Correct," I nod. "We think he might be an enemy, so we plan to take him and whoever he's working with out before they become a real threat. Speaking of threats," I say as I look around the table. "Seojoon hasn't been seen in weeks, his office is covered in dust."

"Kidnapping?" Daehyun suggests.

"Or worse," Kimoon returns. "Anyone who isn't currently in this room as of this very moment can't be trusted."

No one speaks after that, and I can tell that everyone who is a part of this situation is thinking of ways to handle it in their heads. Though they're all thinking of their own ways to handle it, I know they're all going to do whatever I tell them to in the end, so I need to think of something fast, or at least take suggestions.

"Any suggestions on how to handle this?" I ask.

One by one, every head around the table turns to me, all of them confused.

"You're the boss," Yoongi says. "You're supposed to tell us what to do."

"You're gonna need to give me some time to think about it," I say as I stand up and begin to leave the table. "Do whatever you can to pass the time, and if you think of anything, I'll be on the roof."

-----

The darkness of the sky mixed with the unbearable silence brushing through the forest brings a deeply calming feeling to me. Nothing can see me up here, nothing can hear me, I have complete freedom up on this roof. It's the perfect spot to relax, think, and clear my head.

I hear the door to the roof open and I slightly lift my back off the roof beneath me and look over to see Kimoon walking towards me, a cup in his hand.

"It's cold," he says with a smile as he sits down beside me. Gently, he places the cup down and gestures to it. "I brought you hot chocolate, I know you don't like coffee all that much."

"Thank you," I smile as I pick up the cup. "I don't know what I'm gonna do, Kimoon. I haven't had to think of an idea like this by myself in a really long time. I used to have-"

"I know," he says, politely cutting me off from the sad thought he could already tell was about to flood my mind. His tone is soft, gentle, calming. "But you're smart, Hyuntae, the smartest woman I know. I know you'll be able to think of something, you always do."

We sit there in silence for a while, our bodies close to each other, the both of us craving the warmth of someone else. I feel something touch my chin, but I don't question it, maybe I just had something on my chin and he was wiping it off.

But his hand doesn't move away.

Kimoon's thumb gently strokes my lower lip before he turns my head so that I'm facing him, our eyes meeting, our noses almost bumping into each other. He's really close to me, nearly sitting on top of me.

We gaze into each other's eyes for a moment, his eyes shining in the slight moonlight beaming down through the trees. At that moment, that perfect moment, he leans closer and presses his lips to mine.

They're soft, so soft it's almost unrealistic, and I can't seem to pull myself away from them.