three

"We're out of macaroons, Scar!" Chanyeol whines as he holds the empty tray in his hands and sits on the floor behind the display cases.

"There's more in the display," I say as I take the empty tray from his hands and begin to retreat to the kitchen to put it in the sink to be washed. "Don't eat them until after closing, Chanyeol. I'm watching you."

"You can't even see me, though," he chuckles.

"I've known you for twenty years," I yell from the kitchen, my eyes focused on the dirty dishes that need to be washed. "I can tell when- Park Chanyeol, if you don't close that display case, I'll cut your fingers off!"

Chanyeol is silent for a moment before he sighs loudly. "Damn, you're good."

Just as I am about to speak, the bell to the bakery dings, and I immediately leave the sink and walk to the front to help the customer. When I get there, though, I see someone I have never seen before. He is dressed in all black from head to toe, his hair coloured the darkest shade of black, his arms covered in tattoos from his wrists up until the ink disappears under his sleeves. 

"I'm looking for the owner," he speaks, his deep voice causing my heart to sink into my stomach.

I clear my throat as he approaches the counter. "I'm the owner."

The man's eyes look over my body slowly, a slight smirk tugging on his lips as he looks at me. As his eyes move up to look into mine, I feel my heart beat extremely fast.

"My name is Min Yoongi," his deep voice rings through my ears. It's a beautiful sound that I didn't know I would enjoy so much. "I just moved into the empty building next door."

"Hello," I say with a kind smile, my hand outstretching to shake his. "My name is Lee Hyuntae. My friends call me-"

"Scar," Chanyeol says, his body still placed on the floor beside me, his hands desperately clinging to the doors of the display case. "We have to close soon."

"If I let you eat the macaroons, will you shut up?" I ask as I turn to look at him, my eyes narrowing as they roam over his sprawled out body.

He nods.

"Fine." Before I even have proper time to react, Chanyeol has the glass case open and the tray of macaroons in his hands.

"Scar?" Yoongi repeats, causing me to turn my head in his direction. "Why do they call you Scar?"

"Because of the scar on my face," I say casually, as I've told this story countless times before. My hands slide through my hair gently, moving it away from my cheeks.

Yoongi's eyes widen as the scar reaching from the corner of my mouth up to my ear is revealed to him.

"It's a Glasgow smile," I answer the question I know he is going to ask as I tuck my hair behind my ear so the scar is still showing. "Well, half of one. There's supposed to be a scar on both sides, hence the smile."

"Why isn't there one on the other side?" Yoongi asks, his eyes moving away from the scar on my cheek so he is looking into my eyes.

"I was saved before the other cut could be made," I respond casually, shrugging lightly as I speak. "But, this little shit, is why people - mostly Chanyeol - call me Scar."

Yoongi nods slowly at my words, an awkward silence falling over the bakery.

"May I ask what kind of business you run?" I ask, breaking the awkward silence with a completely relevant question that I've been wanting to ask the whole time he's been here. "You said you moved into the building next door."

"Oh, yes," he straightens his posture a little, a slight smile tugging on his lips at my simple question. "I run a tattoo and piercing shop. If you're thinking of getting either - I notice you have quite a few piercings already - feel free to stop by. I'll even give you a discount."

"Thank you, very much," I smile as I shake his hand once again. "It was nice meeting you, Min Yoongi."

"It was nice meeting you, as well, Lee Hyuntae," he says with a smile before turning away from the counter. With sly movements, Yoongi leaves the building before disappearing into the building next door, leaving me and Chanyeol alone in the left behind silence.

"Was he cute?" Chanyeol asks, his mouth slightly full with chocolate macaroons.

I find myself sitting on the floor with him, our backs pressed against opposite walls as we speak to each other. "He was pretty cute," I say with a cheeky grin, a slight blush tinting my cheeks.

"Ooh!" Chanyeol coos, his eyebrows wiggling. "Maybe he should be the one to do your nipple piercings."

"I see what you're trying to do, Chanyeol," I say with a stern tone as I grab one of the macaroons from the tray he's holding. "But it's not gonna happen."

"Come on, Hyuntae," he whines. I know he's being serious because he used my real name rather than calling me Scar like he usually does. "You're so lonely. I can tell you need some good dick."

"Okay!" I choke as I jump up from the floor and pull my apron off of my body before hanging on the hook beside the kitchen door. "Time to close the shop."

Chanyeol chuckles before standing up. "I'm just saying, Scar, you need a man in your life."

"And how would you know that?" I ask as I lock the front door to the bakery and change the sign to closed. My body stiffens when I turn around and see Chanyeol standing behind me with his arms crossed, an unimpressed look plastered on his face. "Okay fine! I admit that I'm lonely. But, I've known Yoongi for ten minutes. I don't even know how to approach him."

"There are enough leftovers here to make a housewarming package for the man next door," he gestures to the display cases with one arm, each of them containing just enough of each product for a housewarming gift, just as he said.

"And what?"

Chanyeol moves a step closer to me. "Pack them up and deliver them to him."