thirty-seven

"You managed to find this guy off of such a small detail?" Kimoon asks.

"No," Daehyun responds as he goes to the photo of just the male's face. He zooms in a little and gives us a moment to look over the photo before he tells us what he sees that we don't. "His eyes are two slightly different colours, his eyebrows are filled with white hairs, but he's not old."

"What does this tell us?" I ask as I rest my head on my hand, the other hand waving to the screen.

"He's albino," he clicks away and pulls up hospital records. "Being an amputee narrowed it down a little. But, being an albino amputee? He practically begged us to find his identity."

"Did you run the location he gave me on the card?" I ask as I lean forward, a little pep putting itself into my step. "I know I didn't ask you to, but-"

"It's legit," he responds. "It's an abandoned warehouse downtown, security cameras across the street caught our perp walking into the building just a few hours ago. We have time to get there, but our window is closing."

-----

"Can you run me over the plan just one more time?" Yoongi asks as he crosses his arms and rests his head on top of them. "Please."

"We'll all be travelling together," I say with a sigh. "You'll enter the building first, you'll be wearing a wire. Just try to get in and distract them so we can follow."

"This plan doesn't seem very," Chanyeol says before lowering his voice in shame. "Put together."

I can feel everyone staring at Chanyeol now, disgust in their hearts at the way he just spoke to their boss. But he's right, this plan isn't very planned, terribly thought out. Almost no thought went into this plan at all, it's basically a suicide mission at this point. I'm almost certain that if someone isn't at their post when they need to be, one of us will die.

"You're right," I say, and I can feel the tension disappear from the room. "No thought went into this, it's a suicide mission. But we need to get rid of our enemy one way or another."

"What if one of you dies?" Beomgyul asks in a small voice, his eyes sparkling as he looks at me, innocence filling them.

"I'll do everything I can to make sure that none of them gets hurt," I smile as I reach out to touch his hand. "I promise."

Beomgyul smiles at me and I hear Yoongi groan from his seat before smacking his hands on the table.

"You mean to tell me that you know that your plan is half-assed?" He spits as he stands up and points an angry finger at me. "You know that one of us could die and you're just okay with it."

"Death comes with the job," I spit back as I stand up and glare at him. "You knew that when you signed up you could die at any moment. It's in the job description."

"I hope you're the one that dies if any of us has to," Yoongi growls before turning to walk out of the room and head up the stairs. "God knows no one else here deserves it."

I bite my lip, almost letting him leave the room with the last word. I mean, he can have the last word, but I want to have the last insult.

"What makes you think I do?" I ask, causing him to turn around and stop in his tracks.

He raises a brow at me.

"What makes you think I deserve to die?"

"Because," the tone of his voice is soft. "People's lives are on the line and you didn't think of a plan where everyone lives. You'd rather rush into open gunfire and risk someone dying then take some more time to think of a better one where life is guaranteed all around the table."

With those final harsh words, he turns back around and walks away.