Chapter 48

-Katniss' POV-

I'm sat at the bar talking to a random guy. He's really nice actually. You see the reason I'm over here is because they want me to see what Peeta's like without me around. Yeah, you got it. The others except Peeta know I'm here.

The girls in short dresses are all over Peeta and he's just allowing it. He hasn't done anything with any of them. Yet.

I see Finnick looking over at me as I talk to the boy, who's sitting very close to me as we both lean on the bar while sitting on the stools.

I hear Peeta's been called up to sing so I put the headset that Finnick gave me, on. Peeta doesn't know I'm here but will soon realize it when I start singing.

"You're singing?" the boy, who's called Ben asks.

I nod. "Just from here though, he doesn't know I'm here" I give a small smile as I look at my lap.

"I didn't know you were his girlfriend, I know Peeta quite well"

-Peeta's POV-

"Don't worry about the girls part, someones singing it for you. I don't know who 'cause the dude who's in charge of the singing thing has arranged it" Finnick tells me. I nod.

We walk over the stage, the man hands me the mic.

(he's singing the song up top 👆 or to the side 👉)

-Finnick's POV-

He goes up on stage and starts singing. (I can't be bothered to do the lyrics so just listen to the song:'))

Everyone's dead quiet. It's coming up to the part when Katniss starts singing. I look over to see Ben turning around and Katniss gone, her headset left on the bar. He looks over to me then up to Peeta, then back at me. Fuck. Who's going to sing instead?

It's coming up to the part and I'm dreading it. He stops singing, waiting for the girl to sing. But to my surprise someone starts singing. I look over to see Cashmere walking on. I smile up to her as she looks over to me, I mouth thank you and she smiles.

They walk over and he kisses her cheek as his arm goes around her waist. Woah now, since when has this- wait, Katniss. They were together. She must have known he sang it for someone else. He having what's coming for him when he gets off that stage.

Marvel looks over to me, knowing what's going on now. She's like a sister to us, she was actually happy with him.

We both leave to look for her. We find her sitting a while away from the party on the sand, right in front of the water. As we get closer we see she's throwing shells into the sea.

"Kat?" Me and Marvel say as we approach her. She turns to look at us then turns back around.

"You didn't tell me he was singing for another girl"

"We didn't know. We wouldn't have asked you to sing otherwise, you know that"

She sighs. "I thought he loved me.."

"We thought he did too. Don't let him get to you, he's a jerk" Marvel says.

Katniss nods. "What do I do? I can go back there"

"No, you're gonna go back there" we both say.

"Why?"

"To sing"