Chapter 35

-Peeta's POV-

They back away from her unconcious state. They all climb into their car and drive off. Haymitch's arms loosen from me and I run over to her unconcious body. I kneel down and pick her up and hold her in my lap, I hold her head in the crook of my neck as I sob quietly.

I hear Haymitch walk over and kneel beside me. "Thank god we didn't leave otherwise they would have just left her here to die"

"Hmm" I mumble. I stand, holding her in my arms.

I carry her to the car and get in the passenger seat as Haymitch gets in the drivers side. I hold Katniss close to me, as we're driving I feel her coming back to conciousness, that's when I see her beautiful grey eyes. I kiss her forehead, I notice we've arrived at the bakery, Haymitch opens his door and gets out after turning the engine off. I open my car door and get out, still holding Katniss in my arms as she hides herself in my chest. I shut the door with my arm and we both walk up to the door. Haymitch walks in and holds the door for me to walk in.

I notice the sign on the door saying closed. I walk around the back to see my family sitting around the sofa. All their heads snap to the door as it creaks when we walk in. My dad sees Haymitch and goes to attack him when Katniss jumps out of my arms and stumbles in front of Haymitch to hug him.

"He took you though! How can you protect him?!" My father exclaims. Katniss' jaw clenches.

"He did not take me, why on earth would my own uncle take me?" She sneers from Haymitch's chest. "Gale and Cashmere had me"

She let's go and stumbles out the room. I turn to my dad. "You made her angry as soon as she came back, great work dad" I roll my eyes and walk out the door after her.

I know I never speak to my dad like that, but he made Katniss angry at him as soon as she arrived back. Katniss is my main priority right now, after her being taken then seeing the state they made her in.

I walk outside and see her standing on the pavement watching the children in the park across the road. I walk over and snake my arms around her waist as I stand directly behind her. "You okay?" I ask.

"Hmm?" She asks as she stops staring.

I chuckle. "I asked if you were okay"

She smiles. "Yeah I guess"

"Good, I don't want that beautiful smile to come off your face okay? It's beautiful no matter what anyone says, I'm always here for you" I say kissing her head.

She turns her head and looks at me. "You're so caring to me" she says smiling as she leans in and pecks my lips.

"Only to some people"

"No you're caring to everyone, no matter what you say you are" she giggles.

"Alright, you win" I say, making her giggle. "Come on, it's getting cold out and you only have a top and trousers on"

"Ughh" she groans.

"I think Amy wants to see you"

"Okay" she sighs.

We turn around to walk back in but see then all in the front part of the bakery watching us. "Can you carry me? My legs still aren't working properly with my body" she giggles.

"Yeah sure" I say picking her up. Her legs wrap around me as my arms are underneath her, holding her up. Her head rests on my shoulder but hides her face in my neck.

I carry her into the bakery. Once were inside her legs undo from around me and I gently put her down but keep an arm around her.

She turns to them and they see that state on her. Amy runs over on her little legs and hugs Katniss' legs and looks up at her smiling.

Katniss kneels down and kneels on the floor and Amy hugs her. "Where did you go?" She asks in her toddler voice.

"I wasn't feeling well so didn't come over just in case you caught it" she replies smiling at Amy.

"But Peeta was crying all the time and saying he needed to find you"

"I was lost" she tells her honestly.

"How?"

"One of Peeta's friends was jealous because Peeta was spending all his spare time with me and not his best friend"

"But you're his best friend too"

She looks to me. "Yeah, you're my best friend" I come out with.

She stands back up, Amy goes running back to Rye after sensing the awkwardness.

-Mr Mellark's POV-

Amy comes running back to us, leaving Katniss standing in front of Peeta.

"Why've you come back, I though you wanted to see Katniss?" Rye asks her.

"I don't fink Katniss is happy wif him"

"Why would she be unhappy with him?"

"Is Katniss Peeta's girlfriend?" she asks as she looks as Rye.

Rye nods. "Yes, why?"

"He told me she's his best friend"

Uh oh. I look back to them to see Katniss turning and walking off but Peeta pulling her back. "She gonna blow if he doesn't watch it" I hear Haymitch say.

I sigh. "Peeta!" I call. He looks to me, still holding her from walking off. "Leave her go" He lets go and she scowls at him before running off. Haymitch looks to me and nods, bidding farewell as he jogs down and past Peeta whos slowly walking back with his hands in his jeans pockets and kicks small stones as he looks at the floor.

-Katniss' POV-

I run until I bump right into someone, I look up and try to look out of my blurry vision. I wipe my eyes and notice it's Gale and Cashmere. "Katniss?" Gale says.

"Kill me, please" I beg.

"We've already done what we wanted to with you, Peeta's learned his lesson" Cashmere says.

"Please, I'm begging you, kill me. I want to die, I don't want to live anymore. I told myself to not get caught up in love and I did, now look at me" I sob. "Please, I want to be with my family, who I know I love"

"Katniss, what's happened?" Gale asks, confused.

I fall to my knees in front of them. "Please" I beg. "I want to die. There's no one left that I love.."

dun dun duhhhhhhhhh

Please don't hate me🙈

So, Katniss wants to die🔪😣😢😡

What are Cashmere and Gale going to do?

Also, once i've finished some of the current books I'm writing I have 4 new books in my drafts that I'm really looking forward to. I won't tell you the names because for some of them it may be obvious what they're about😊📖

🎤But if there is one thing that I'm guilty of, It's loving and giving when you take too much🎤