Chapter 54

-Katniss' POV-

Ugh. Helping Finnick and Annie plan their wedding is so tiring.

Annie's trying to get us all to wear matching dresses but obviously different colours. Trying to get Johanna to wear a dress? Pfft I'll give her all the luck I have.

Her dress is amazing though, she looks amazing in it.

They are the most perfect couple ever, you see I was the one that got them together. Finnick used to get so jealous when Annie was dating a boy, so I finally got him to admit his feelings to her. He felt really stupid after Annie told him she was dating those boys to make him jealous. Now here I am, helping them with their wedding. What did I do to have to put up with this? How is this a thank you for getting them together? I'll never know.

I don't get why it's only me and Peeta that's got roped into helping them because it's so boring! They're both starting to get on my nerves. They ask for mine and Peeta's opinions but don't listen to them, it's like why ask us then?

My mother, Prim and Billy are complaining that they never see me at the moment. How's that my fault? You try talking out of it with Annie and Finnick, it's hard.

Me and Peeta are never alone anymore, except when we go to bed but we're to worn out to talk. My mother's trying to get me to come to dinner because they live a few streets away from me, but I refuse to have dinner with my father because it'll just end badly.

"Annie do we really have to do this all day everyday?" I whine.

"Yes Katniss, I want the wedding to be perfect"

"Couldn't you have picked someone else? You know I don't like these things"

"Fine" she sighs. "I'll just get Madge to help me for the rest"

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" I say happily.

"It's okay. I know how much you don't like it. How are you going to cope when it's your turn to do all this?"

"Who says I'm getting married? Maybe I don't want to"

"That would break Peeta's heart. It would be his dream to marry you and you to be a Mellark"

I sigh. "It's just, me and Prim will get married, have our husbands second names. Then you have Billy, now what if he marries and has girls and no boys? That means his daughters will get married and have their husbands second names and then the whole surname would have gone" I pause before carrying on. "They want another kid.."

"Oh Kat" Annie says pulling me into a hug. "Have you told anyone else?" I shake my head. "You'll have to tell Peeta, what if he proposes. What would you do?"

I shrug. "I'd feel guilty if I say no, but what if I say no and he leaves me? I wouldn't cope if he leaves me"

"He wouldn't leave you Kat, he loves you too much and would feel guilty"

"I know but it's just that thought at the back if my mind.."

"Kat, it's never going to happen, if worst comes to worst and he proposes to you. Say yes but just stay engaged"

"But what if I wanted to marry Peeta?"

"Then marry him!" she laughs. "If he proposes obviously"

"What if he doesn't though?"

"Don't worry, he's bound to. Ever since you've been together he's said he wants you to be a Mellark"

"Let's just get on with this. Tomorrow you have Madge" I tease.

"Very funny" she says sarcastically. "Madge would be good at this type of stuff"