Chapter 67

[3 months later]

-Katniss' POV-

Ugh. Being pregnant is hard work. It feels like it's been a lifetime since we've found out but it's only been 3 months. I now have a slight 4 month bump.

The other girls are between 5 and 7 months, Glimmer and Delly being the longest and Jo and Annie being a month in front of me.

Clove and Glimmer have found out their having twins. Annie thinks she is because her stomach is much bigger than Jo's.

Peeta and I get to find out the gender next month. Peeta's certain it's a girl but I'm sure it's a boy.

We're all out in my garden, I'm sitting in between Peeta's legs with his arms around me. Along with all the other girls.

"Ugh this is so tiring." Glimmer whines. "Trust me, you boys are lucky. You just give the girl your sperm and bam your done! The girls actually have to go through the nine months of pregnancy, then god how many hours of pain being in labour, then having to give birth to the damn thing!"

"I agree." I whine. "And I'm no where near your stage yet."

"You know I'd do it for you if I could Katniss." Peeta whispers.

"I know." I mumble, turning my head and kissing him as one of his hands leaves my stomach and lays on my cheek as his other hands rubs my stomach.

[1 month later]

-Katniss' POV-

Today's the day we find out the gender of our baby. Peeta's bet £10 it's a girl, while I've bet £10 it's a boy.

We're sitting in the waiting room, waiting for me to be called.

"Kaniss Everdeen?" A nurse calls.

Peeta gets up and helps me up. We walk over to where the nurse is standing and follow her in.

"Hello, my names Jessica. I will be your midwife through your pregnancy. If you could just lay down on the bed and we'll get started." She smiles.

Peeta lifts me on the bed and helps me lay down. Jessica warns me the gel will be cold.

She squirts a blob on then puts a little machine on my stomach which is connected to the machine.

Peeta's sitting next to me and is holding my hand. Our eyes are fixed on the monitor that Jessica is standing in front of.

"How far are you?" She questions, looking at the monitor we can't see.

"Five months." I reply.

She nods.

After a few minutes of silence she speaks up.

"Well it's healthy, would you like to know the gender?" She asks looking to us.

We nod.

"Okay, lets see." She trails off. "It looks like it's a boy and girl. Congratulations."

Me and Peeta look to each other before it actually sinks in.

"I'm having twins?"

Jessica nods. "It explains your stomach size being slightly bigger than normal."

Jessica prints of pictures then hands Peeta a paper towel. He wipes the gel off my stomach and lifts my top back down before lifting me down.

He wraps his arm around m waist as Jessica hands us the pictures and bids us goodbye. We walk out and over to reception, booking our next visit.

We walk home, it's only a few minutes and it's a lovely day.

"Can you believe it?" Peeta says, wrapping his arms around me. "Twins, it's more than I've ever wanted." He smiles and leans down and kisses me.