Chapter 57

-Finnick's POV-

Peeta looks stunned at first, unable to form words. Eventually he walks over to Katniss.

"What happened to you? Why are you full of cuts and bruises?" He asks, taking hold of her arms

"Why would you care? You would have noticed it wasn't me if you knew me as well as you said." She answers, pulling her arms out of his grip.

"How would you expect me to tell?" Peeta asks, frustrated.

"Okay, let's start." She says walking over to stand next to Iris. "Me and Iris have completely different personalities. We have different eye colours, she has blue and I have grey. I have dimples, she doesn't. And I have lots scars, she has one or two."

"Well every night I would come home shattered, just wanting to sleep. So no, I didn't notice." He says angrily. "How long was Iris being you then?"

"Since that day I told you I was going over their house for dinner. He locked me in the basement and sent Iris back to pretend to be me."

"Would he beat you?"

"Oh no. She did that to herself." Johanna says sarcastically as she scowls at him.

"Fuck up Jo." He snaps.

Jo goes to attack him but I grab hold of Johanna. I look over to Peeta who's constantly looking at Iris. Katniss sees this.

"You know what? Go fuck yourself. I'm done with you right now. Try coming back when you stop staring at my twin sister. And don't even think about coming back to my house to sleep tonight. You can go back home. You can go and be with my goody two-shoes slut of a sister." She snaps and storms off.

Peeta friends and Iris stay with Peeta as we run after Katniss.

She keeps running. We start to slow down, getting out of breath.

"We'll never catch up with her now!" Marvel exclaims.

"We're fucking dying of breath Marv, what are we suppose to do? She's always been fitter than us and can run faster." Jo says.

From afar we see her run into the meadow, after a few minutes we pick up speed again, running after her and into the meadow.

We all run through the meadow, not being able to spot her anywhere.

Finally spotting her, we run down the grassy path that's been made. We stop dead in our paths though, seeing the sight in front of us.

Katniss sitting against a tree, a lit cigarette in her hand.

oooooohhhh Katniss, what's going on with ya?

Ugh. Really short chapter😩