Chapter 34

-Peeta's POV-

I'm stunned at Haymitch's tone to me. I'm dating his niece, should he be at least nicer to me? He's practically her father.

"Of course you don't know where Kaniss is" I say sarcastically. "Scenes as you were the one that took her"

"What are you talking about boy?" He says calmer. "Where's Katniss?"

"You were the one that took her!" I snap.

"What?" he asks genuinly confused.

"Katniss has been taken" I sigh. "Sometime last night, he left this note" I say opening the note and sliding it across the counter. "That was left on her pillow this morning"

"Why would you think I'd take my own niece away from her boyfriend who she loves just so she can be depressed again?"

I shrug. "Well all the texts I've been getting have been like you've sent them.."

"Really? Can I look?"

I open the messages and slide it to him. He looks confused. "Hmm they have haven't they. They've been very crafty about it" he says sliding the phone back to me.

I nod. "That's why I thought it was you"

"I understand" he nods. "Has anything happened to her recently?" He asks.

"No, not really. Except G-" that's when it clocks me. H for Hawthorne. He's got her.

"Except what?" He asks.

"Gale, he tried breaking us up not long ago by making her kiss him when he knew I was going over so when I walked into her room it would look like she's cheating on him. About a week ago we had a little party for her birthday and we had all drank a bit and Finnick asked why me and Gale were being awkward with each other so I blurted it out. That's what the note means!"

"What's H got to do with Gale?"

"Hawthorne, that's his surname"

"And you're meeting up with whoever it is to see her?" I nod.

"I'm coming with you, I don't care what they say Katniss wouldn't let them. Even though she always says how she wants to die to be with her family but when it actually comes to it she realises she has too much to like for"

I nod. "Okay. We'd best go"

We walk out of the bakery and too the street they told us to meet them at. We see it's an abandoned street and a car wit their lights on in the middle of the road. We walk over as they get out. It's been a week since I've seen her so god knows what she looks like.

Two people get out. I notice it's a man and a woman. "I see you disobeyed my order" he sneers. "Bring her out" he says into a speaker type of thing.

The car door opens and a person gets out then leans in and pulls her out as another get out after her. They each hold one of her arms. "Loosen your fucking grip will you?!" She snaps as she pulls against their grips. "Why the hell have you brought me here anyway?!"

"Katniss" the man speaks. She looks over to him and sees us. Her eyes go wide in shock and fear.

She has bruises all over her face, along with cuts. She looks weak like she can just about stand yet she will fight against them no matter how weak she is.

"Peeta, please go" she croaks. "I can't let you see me like this"

I shake my head. "I can't just forget you're with these!"

"Peeta I'm fine, there's nothing you can do" she says weakly before falling to the floor.

"Katniss!" I shout but Haymitch holds me back. Haymitch what are you doing?!" I shriek.

"We cans just go and get her Peeta" he says in my ear.

Ooohhhh 😈

School today😪😫😭

🎤You built your walls so high, no one can climb it🎤