Chapter 51

⚠️Important authors not at the end, please read it!❤️⚠️

-Katniss' POV-

I hear the door close, meaning he's left for the bakery. I sigh. He normally always says goodbye to me if he's leaving for the bakery and I'm not going that day. Mind you, my family are here and he didn't really take a liking to them.

"Sorry" I mumble. "He's just really protective of me"

They nod. "He really cares about you" my mother says smiling.

"Hmm" my father agrees. I look over and see he isn't smiling like my mother.

"Dad" I sigh.

"What? He basically said we weren't a family to you!" He exclaims.

"Well any other family would have come back one they had been treated. Not twelve years after! Those twelve years were hard" I pause. "Haymitch, well what's nice to say about him? He took me in because well I don't even know. He might have well just left me on the streets. He was horrible to me. Only when we were alone obviously, when people were around he'd treat me like I was the most important. No one knows about it. Since I was twelve he started beating me. When I was fifteen me and Peeta got closer, we knew each other's feeling for one another but didn't take it further. He made me move back to our home town, where you 'died'. When I was sixteen he got a girlfriend and they had a child. When I was nineteen we finally moved back. His daughter was basically mine to everyone else, because he never used to have her. Me and Peeta actually got together. Haymitch left me to go to District Eight with his little family. I nearly died. I went insane for a while, he found out and put me in a mental home without Peeta knowing. He found out, started visiting me. Haymitch came to visit free around three months, found Peeta with me. Made me move again to District Four because Peeta was apparently a bad example for me. After three months he started beating me again. Jay found out and made me leave with him and his girlfriend back here" I explain. "I know you were fine after a year because my own brother's eight, plus Prim told me last night" I say pointing to the boy. "So why didn't you come back?"

"I wanted to come back" my mother starts. "And Prim did. It was your father that wanted to stay. We didn't have a choice to go, he made us stay"

I turn to my dad and raise an eyebrow. "Just goes to show you didn't love me"

"I do Katniss"

"Why didn't you want to come back then?"

"It doesn't matter"

"You don't have a reason do you?"

He shakes his head. I scoff, shaking my head. "Unbelievable. You just wanted me to suffer, didn't you?"

"No Katniss-"

"Stop lying!" I exclaim, making him shut up. "Do you even know how many times I wanted to kill myself because I didn't want to live my life without you? What if you came back to find out I killed myself? Huh, what would you do then? Think about it, that's how I felt but much worse. it wasn't just one that was apparently dead, it was three of you!"

-Peeta's POV-

I storm all the way to the bakery, barging the door open, making everyone in the jump. Well my friends and family.

"Someone woke up the bad side of the bed" Johanna states. "Did Katniss not give you what you wanted?" she smirks.

"Not in the mood Jo" I snap.

"Peeta, what's wrong?" my father asks.

"Katniss' fucking family, that's what"

"Katniss' family's dead Peeta" Finnick says.

"No they're not. They turned up last night and walked into the living room this morning to see then sitting on the sofa with Katniss. Ugh her father, I can't stand him!" I exclaim. "A year it took them to get better, not twelve fucking years!"

I hear my phone ringing. I pull it out of my pocket to see it's Katniss ringing me. I click answer. "Kat?" I question.

"Mr Peeta?" I hear a little boys voice.

"Uhh yes? What's wrong?" I ask, I can hear shouting in the background.

He bursts into tears. "They're scaring me" he sobs.

"Who's scaring you?" I ask.

"Daddy and Katniss" he says, still sobbing.

I keep my phone on my shoulder as I walk out from the back, putting my jacket on. "Why are they scaring you?" I ask.

"They're shouting and arguing with each other. Prim and mum are holding them from each other" he says, you can hear how scared he is through his voice.

"Shh. It's okay, I'll be over there soon, okay?"

"No! Don't go, I'm scared" he cries.

"Okay, I won't go" I sigh. I see the others looking at me confused. I take the phone away from my ear and put my hand over it. "Katniss' brother. Katniss and her father are being held back from each other" I say. I put the phone back to my ear. They all jump up and quicky follow me out.

We get to her house and I open the door to see her brother sitting on the stairs while there's screaming and shouting coming from the living room. He sees me and runs over and hugs me. I hand him to Annie as he cries on her shoulder. I open the living room door to see Prim nearly about to let go of Katniss. I go over and grab hold of her tightly and taking her out into the hallway with a tired Prim following me. We walk back to the bakery, me not saying a word to Katniss. We still have Prim and Annie carrying her brother. As soon as we get into the bakery I blow.

"What the fuck was that Katniss?!" I shout. She jerks back at my sudden tone. I never use this tone on her.

"He made me mad" she mumbles. "He's the reason my family didn't come back. Prim and my mother did after they got better but my father didn't let them"

I pull her in for a hug. "It's okay, I understand" I say and kiss her head.

She pulls away. "You don't understand though! You have a perfect little family here. Your family didn't 'die' and come back twelve years later did they?! How would you feel if the parent you were most closest to didn't want to come back to you? You'd feel devastated wouldn't you? 'Cause that's how I'm feeling! He wouldn't let them come back or try and contact me! So no. You don't understand anything in my life so don't keep saying you do!" She shouts and storms out.

❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔❤️💔

AHHHH this is actually a long chapter from me! It feels like it's been ages since I've update and I'm really sorry about it, writers blocks are awful😣

Anyway, I know this may be horrible for you, but I won't be updating any of my books for a while😔 Why? I'm editing my completed books (Panem High, Memories & Everlark or Everthorne?). Mainly because they're really bad and have loads of spelling / grammar mistakes and I'll be making them better (maybe even bonus chapters😏).

Anyway.

I'm going to say this before I forget (because when it happens I'll probably forget) thanks you for nearly
📖 30k reads 📖
2k votes

Wow that was really long😂
bye!💕