Chapter 6

-Katniss' POV-

I wake up after having a little nap. Scenes as there was nothing else to do because I can't walk properly which is why my feel are bandaged and have crutches.

I go to sit up but a shooting pain goes up my stomach from my gut, causing me to fall back and squeal in pain. Hatmitch and the others come rushing in.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" He asks as he kneels down next to the sofa I'm laying on.

"Shooting pain from my gut" I answer as I hold my stomach. I go to sit up but another wave of pain goes through me as I let out a scream as I clutch my stomach and tears run down my face.

"Ay ay ay, shhh" Peeta coos. "Deep breathes Katniss" he says wiping the ears off my face with his thumb. "Remember, if you want others to be happy, you have to be happy to" he says rubbing his hand softly up and down the bottom on my leg which is under the blanket but his hand is on top of the blanket. "Calm down and don't think of the pain, it'll make things worse" he coos.

I start to calm down but the tears keep coming. Not because of the pain, because I know I'll never get this boy to be mine.

"Shh" he coos, still rubbing the bottom half of my leg trying to calm me down.

"Deep breathes sweetheart. You've already got through this pain once" he strokes my head.

"I can't do this again" I shake my head as I fall back down to the sofa. I wince in pain on the impact of my stomach.

Peeta gets up and goes behind me and pulls me to sit by holding under my arms and slowly sliding me into a sitting position.

After he's sat me up, he comes back around and kneels next to Haymitch. I stare in front of me at the picture of me and my family. Trying not to concentrate on the pains.

Eventually they leave and it's just me and Haymitch. He comes and sits on the sofa and pulls me onto his lap. He strokes my hair gently. "You really listen to that boy don't you?" He says.

I nod. "He calms me down, whatever he says like earlier he was saying how only I can bring that happy girl back, not anyone else. He's right, only I can do it when I think the time is right"

"He's very true there, we shouldn't be trying to get you to be happy again, it's your choice"

"He heard me picking petals earlier.."

"Did he ask who you were talking about?" I nod.

"I didn't answer though, he made me jump! I didn't know he was there" I laugh.

-Peeta's POV-

We walk back to my house. Mainly because it's boring over the others houses.

"You care for her, don't you?" Glimmer asks.

"Who?" I ask confused.

"Katniss. You care for her, don't you?"

"Well I think any kind person would with what she's gone through" I shrug.

"No, I mean you really care for her, not because of what she's gone through. You don't talk to anyone else like you talk to her. You talk to her with Care and gentleness in your voice. You didn't even speak like that when Delly was hurt like that" Glimmer says.

I finally get what she's saying. I nod. "I can see what you're saying now"

"I knew if Haymitch wasn't there you would have done more than that. You would of actually showed her more affection than that and you know it. You just didn't want to do it in front of Haymitch" Cato says.

"Yeah, I guess I would have.."

"You love her, don't you?" Glimmer asks.

I think, then nod. "Yeah, I think I do.. I love Katniss Everdeen"