one

"they were all

"they were all... gone."

it was just another day, another horrible day

it was just another day, another horrible day. well according to levi that is.

but to you, it was a beautiful day.

the sun shined bright on the flowers making them bloom. they released a scent—one you could never describe but you loved it. the wind blew lightly brushed against your skin and made the flowers dance.

you ran into the mess hall dragging in some dirt from the garden. your long dress covered in dirt and grass stains. well practically everyone on you was a mess: your hair tangled and face covered in spots of dirt.

"captain levi isn't going to be too happy when he comes in here." one of the soldiers whispered.

running over to hange and moblit you smiled. "can you teach me some more stuff about titans? i finished gardening! "

hange's face lit up in excitement while Moblit awkwardly smiled. "i'd love—"

"she's not going anywhere." levi walked through the doors... in a rather cool way.

you ran to him, prepared to hug and tell him all about your day but from the looks of it, he might've already found out.

maybe the dirt that leads to the mess hall gave it away? or the fact that you were a complete mess?

he reached his hand out to stop you. a disgusted expression plastered on his face.

"i've been gone one hour and within that hour you've managed to drag dirt into the mess hall and not only that but look at yourself. you're dirty," he took a handkerchief out of his back pocket and bend down to meet you eye to eye, roughly cleaning the dirt off your face.

"that hurts dad," you whined

10 YEARS AGO —

"hange. what is this and why is it here?"

levi was already having a bad day so seeing something that always annoyed him wasn't making things any better.

hange scratched their nape, smiling.

"we found this baby on the streets—just laying there! it's like the gods are telling us to raise this child!" they grinned.

to levi's babies are what's the word, useless? they do nothing but eat, poop, sleep, and make a mess. 'who would ever want to have a child?' he thought.

"no. we're soldiers, not babysitters."

he started to walk away from the basket you ladies in but you reached out to grab the white-looking handkerchief that was around his neck.

he looked at you... or more like gave you a death glare but what maybe who be afraid of it? to you, it was just any other look.

"oh, is the baby not afraid of levi~?" hange tickled your stomach, giggles escaping your mouth. she stopped and picked you up, slowly rocking you towards levi.

"look at it this way, we can train her right!? i know i shouldn't be saying this but why not?" hange sounded serious about it.

"it'll be too much of a hassle. she's a baby not a horse."

you looked at Levi then Hange, dumbfounded. it's not like you could argue with them. you couldn't even speak let alone understand what they were saying. it all sounded gibberish.

"i have a proposal!" hange grinned, placing you back in the small basket. "we'll keep her till she's old enough to go to training corps. until then we'll teach and train her with the time we have left ."

"so like a weapon?" said levi causing hange to stiffen for a second. "i wouldn't want to call her that, no-no. more like humanity's next strongest soldier. yes! like you levi! we need more—stronger soldiers."

END OF FLASHBACK—

ten years later and your living with the scouts. not exactly how a child spends their early life.

"i'm not the one who was rolling in the grass. you should've known better now go clean yourself up."

"but—"

"no buts. bathe then study, alright?"

you frowned in response to his words and stomped your way to the woman's bathrooms.

"ahh, levi! came to check up on your daughter i see." hange flashed him a cheeky smile.

he sat across from hange, legs crossed and chin placed on the palm of his hand. "i finished early and there's nothing else to do in this hell hole of a town so I came back."

"yeah yeah. you can say whatever you want but i know the truth." hange chuckled and got up to slap his back.

"you know," they spoke in a more serious yet calm tone, "it's been a good ten years. looking back on the memories we've made with (y/n) brings me so much joy."

it's true. levi won't admit it but you being in his life has truly made things better.

"i can't believe she'll be leaving soon...grew up too damn fast." there was a hint of sadness in her tone.

maybe hange got too attached?

but time really did fly. it's been about ten years but felt more like ten weeks. one day you were clinging onto levi as your life depended on it and now your training to become a soldier.. just like they all agreed.

"hey levi, look at this." she pulled something out of her back pocket. it was a paper and was all wrinkled and folded into fours.

it was a drawing moblit drew of the both of you.

"that thing is like my lucky charm. i take it with me everywhere." they smiled.

in the picture, hange was helping you plant your first flower: heliotropism.

"time for bed. tomorrow you have a lesson with hange and rico's coming over to help you with your combat." 

"oh right! i almost forgot about that."

you laid in the comfy twin-sized bed that was in your shared room with levi although he never slept in there anymore.

the dark blue sky and moon looked down on you as the stars twinkled and filled the night sky with light.

"goodnight (y/n)."

"goodnight dad, love you."

he froze but for only a second. love you? those words still come as a shock to him. did you still think of him as your real father? it's a bit odd hearing those words coming from someone. even if it's his so-called daughter.

"yeah, yeah. get some sleep."

· · ──────·本·──────· ·

please do NOT ship little you and levi 😰

just wanted to make it a wholesome relationship