eight

pinky promise

pinky promise.

"those of the 34th training corps squad: thomas wagner, nac tias, mylius zeramuski, mina carolina, and eren jaeger all accomplished their duties and were heroically killed in action!"

everyone went quiet.

"what?" you whispered and stood still in shock.

to think that the boy who wanted to kill every titan was killed by one. it was only his worst nightmare and he died without killing one.

was everything he did for nothing? was avenging his mother, his hometown, giving his friends a better
life... was it never going to happen?

"he broke his promise. shit." you tightened the grip on your blades and closed your eyes shut.

thankfully some of your hair hid your expression.

"i'm sorry mikasa. eren died in my stead... i couldn't do anything... i'm sorry," he spoke in between sobs and clutched onto his pants.

any harder and they would've ripped.

"armin." mikasa coldly yet with a hint of softness, spoke. she placed her hand on top of armin's.

"calm down. this isn't the time to be sentimental."

her eyes were nearly empty, but not matter how much the news hurt she still continued to fight.

"marco, if we eliminate the titans swarming HQ we can refill our gas tanks and climb the wall, right?"

"yeah that's right but even if it's you there are too many—"

"i can do it. i'm strong-" she turned around, holding her blade in the air "-stronger than all of you. and so, i can kick around those titans... even alone. forget lacking talent you're all nothing but cowards. it's a real shame. feel free to sit back and watch."

as she placed her blade back down everyone started yelling at her; telling her how crazy she was and even with her strength alone, there was no way she could kill all those titans.