seventeen pt.1

poor, poor eren

poor, poor eren.

'i can fight, even alone, can't I?'  eren thought as he raised his left arm to his mouth, debating whether it was the right time to turn into a titan

the thought of him fighting alone filled his mind as he opened his mouth, bringing his hand even closer to bite down on it— really thinking that him fighting alone without relying on others would be better.

"what are you doing, eren?!" petra yelled.

"that should only be done when your life is in grave danger. didn't you promise us that?" Petra stated, still eyeing the boy as he didn't even bother to bring his hand back down to the horse's leash.

"eren—!" as you were about to say something, levi interrupted you, telling eren that it would be okay for him to transform, that he wasn't in the wrong.

"... no matter how you try to hold him down. no matter what cage you lock him in... forcing his mind into submission is an impossible task."

still going farther into the forest, the smell of pines mixed with the scent of blood became stronger.

it was almost unbearable.

as another soldier came into view, trying to attack the female titan, you eyed eren as he began to bring his hand back to his mouth. he didn't want another one of his fellow comrades to face a gruesome death.

"eren! this might not be the most comforting words to hear during a situation like this but, believe in us. trust us, please."

"she's right eren! believe in us!" petra yelled, the expression of fear still plastered on her face.

"eren! hurry up! decide already!" levi yelled to which eren responded with: "i'll keep going!"

your face went back into its rested position after hearing somewhat refreshing words. there wasn't that same amount of fear in you anymore.

but, was it a mistake? would it have been better if he transformed?