nineteen

our memories together

— Annie Leonhart

you were so happy to meet someone like me

you were so happy to meet someone like me. you constantly approached me no matter how many times i slapped your hand away, gave you a cold stare and just walked away when you spoke to me.

i always ignored you but, you always came back.

so stubborn.

but i'm happy you kept trying. i'm happy that when we got to choose sparring partners you'd always choose me.

i'm happy you tried your hardest to catch up to me. to be next to me. you'd always greet me with that same, heart warming smile everyone loves to see.

the smile that would make everyone's day, even mine.

after speaking one word to you, your smile grew bigger and your eyes were brighter.

what idiot would fall in love with that smile?

me. i'm the idiot and so is eren.

i still remember the first lunch we had together. it was terribly obvious you wanted to ramble on about something but didn't want to push it.

do you still remember that day? i'm sure you do. it's like you keep all out memories in a small box; a glossy forest green colored box with a golden rim.

well that's what i imagine our memories in a box would look like.

sounds too specific, doesn't it?

the day i fell in love with you is all to clear.

it was a raining really bad that day and training was canceled because of horrible weather. usually shadis still made us go out but it was just too much for anyone to handle.