twenty-three

weakness

weakness.

"take your horses and evacuate all nearby homes and settlements

"take your horses and evacuate all nearby homes and settlements. understood."

the persons voice was nothing but a whisper, inaudible really. you weren't paying attention. too bothered in your own world to give them a second thought.

but the moment connie shook you, you were knocked back into reality.

weren't you just thinking of something, something important?

titans broke through the south wall and you and the other cadets need to save as many people as possible. there was so many small towns in the area and not enough soldiers with their gear.

you were all useless.

it's not like you could drop kick a titan and it would die.

in less than ten minutes you all got on horses and left the castle. you were worried. there weren't many soldiers let alone people who were prepared to fight.

maybe one whole squad at best.

as far as one knows, none of those soldiers will come back alive. it's likely everyone else wouldn't either.

"as soon as the titans reach the woods, we'll split into four teams of recruits and soldiers then simultaneously scatter in each direction!"

there were other orders such a trying to avoid getting into a situation where you'd have to fight but you might as well call that an impossible mission.

"is there anyone familiar with this region?!"

"m-me!" sasha yelled, raising her hand high in the air. "my towns north of here! i know the layout of the land very well—and so does connie!"

you stood next to connie so by the call of his name you looked over at him. his expression was mixed of both fear and shock. he stood still, you could barely even tell if he was breathing.

"connie—?"

"my village is to the south... where the titans are coming from." he whispered, obviously shaken.