six

his return

his return.

 it was the day you all graduate from training corps and moving onto the regiment of your choice

shadis announced the people that were top of the training corps and of course, mikasa overthrow everyone.

you were proud, of course but you couldn't help but feel jealous.

now the 10 of you were lined up, waiting for the shadis speech to be over. it was inspirational but still more scary than exciting.

as you looked around, seeing other close friends in the line next to you, you smiled. your eyes soon landed on eren. to your surprise, he was already looking at you.

his face grew hot when you caught him. he just awkwardly waved. he was number 6 in line
so he was a bit far from you but you still smiled back, mouthing the words: i'm proud of you.

he gave you a thumbs up and said the same.

after turning your head away he started thinking about the future, his future.

the thought of seeing the outside world with you made his stomach turn, in a good way over course.

he was excited to see the never-ending body of saltwater, trees that stretched so far they could touch the sky, forest that were filled with wonder and beautiful creatures, mountains covered in grass and had the most beautiful waterfalls hanging off it or the ones covered in white snow that made it so hard to live in

but,

these things-these were the things eren was excited for. not just to do them with you or his friends but to finally have freedom.

real freedom.

the freedom he desperately longed for. the life he constantly dreamed of for him and his friends.