twenty eight

•••

•••

TONY HAD EXCITING news, the team meeting in the conference room later on in the day. everyone was a bit confused, but intrigued nonetheless. it was now the beginning of february, which meant valentine's day was coming up soon.

it was almost one in the afternoon, and she hadn't seen steve or bucky all morning. she walked off the elevator to the lab, seeing tony and peter working on the spiderman suit. she knocked on the window before walking in.

"hey you two." she greeted, peter giving her a smile and wave. tony hummed to acknowledge her presence. she shook her head, walking up to the table.

"what are you working on pete?" she questioned, the two tinkering with parts of peter's suit. she sat down, watching intently as peter never looked up.

"modifying my web shooters, kinda damaged them when i went on patrol." he spoke sheepishly, alexa chuckling.

"i came to ask if you've seen steve and buck, friday says they aren't here." she asked, tony shrugging his shoulders.

"i think i heard steve mention the two were running errands." tony recalled, alexa furrowing her eyebrows. they didn't even bother to tell her. she narrowed her eyes in thought before getting up.

"thanks boys." she stood up and ruffled peter's hair before leaving the lab, peter grateful alexa didn't see how he turned red. she went to sam's floor next, seeing sam and wanda together on the couch.

"hey lex." sam watched alexa step out of the elevator, a small smile on her face.

"hey, do you two know where steve and bucky went?" she asked, sitting on the couch next to wanda.

"buck said they were running a few errands, that was around eleven thirty, why?" sam questioned, alexa brushing the hair out of her face and exhaled.

"i don't know." she huffed, wanda noticing she was clearly bothered. her hand rested on alexa's arm, giving her a warm smile.

"maybe it's a surprise, who knows. valentine's day is coming up after all." sam nodded, agreeing. alexa furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"but we haven't even talked about celebrating valentine's day, now i have to get him... what do you get your boyfriend for valentine's day?" she questioned, sam and wanda looking at each other with a smirk on sam's lips.

"well, you could get him anything really and he'd think it's the best thing ever because it came from you," alexa rolled her eyes at sam's comment, but smiled nonetheless.