thirteen

•••

•••

THE CHILLY DECEMBER air in new york city was uncomfortably cold, especially with the wind. alexa had walked out of the elevator, entering the main floor. she was in grey sweatpants that scrunched up at the ankle and one of bucky's army green long sleeved shirts.

in the middle of the night, alexa made a impulsive decision. her hair once reached her shoulder blade, and was now above her shoulder. she thought of going to the store and buy some hair dye, but she decided not to. cutting 3 and a half inches off at 4 am was enough craziness for her.

thor was the first to notice when alexa made herself some coffee.

"alexa, you cut your hair, did you not?" his questioned, everyone's attention to alexa as she watched the coffee fill up her mug.

"your hair looks great short lex."
"it looks adorable kiddo"
"your hair looks really nice miss alexa."

she smiled at the compliments, her then making a bowl of cereal.

"thanks guys, and parker, it's just alexa. no need for the formalities." peter turned a light red, and went back to eating his breakfast. alexa ruffled peter's curls as she walked past and took her seat in between clint and tony.

"did you have a life crisis in the middle of the night like last time?" clint asked, alexa letting a laugh out.

"she did." natasha answered for alexa from across the table. alexa gave her a look, a smirk tugging at their lips.

"wow, you two know me so well." clint and natasha laughed, steve's head perking up.

"last time? what do you mean last time?" steve asked, the whole table paying attention. alexa gave clint a look, him just chuckling as he took a sip of his coffee.

"as soon as we left the red room, we had to change our appearance. my hair had reached my lower back and it used to be a dirty blond. so one night, while nat was sleeping, i cut it super short and then next day i had my hair dyed the color it is now. that was my last 3 am life crisis until last night and i don't regret it." she said, sam's eyes widening.

"your hair used to be blond?" sam asked, alexa nodding. she motioned to steve, before talking.

"it used to be a bit darker then steve's, but yea, i was blond." she ate a spoonful of cereal, bucky being quieter then usual.

"you should try blond again." wanda suggested, alexa shrugging her shoulders.

"i was thinking about it, maybe i'll make another impulsive decision with semi permanent and see if i like it." wanda nodded, alexa's lips curving upward a bit. everyone went back to eating, making conversation amongst themselves.