fourteen

•••

•••

CHRISTMAS WAS A big deal in avengers tour every year. tony would decorate the tower in lights and decorations. a huge christmas tree would be on the main floor, and everyone could decorate their floor however they wanted.

tony would secretly sneak mistletoe around the tower, yet somehow doing that comes back to bite him in the ass. he once has to kiss steve on the cheek and he's never seen steve turn so red.

usually, every year would be just steve and alexa decorating their floor. yet this year was bucky's first official christmas in 70 years, and from what bucky has told her, he used to love christmas.

at 9 in the morning alexa knocked on bucky's door, hearing  the thud of the pillow he threw hit the door. alexa opened it, peaking her head in.

"i thought i'd get a "morning lexa" or something, but a pillow," she picked it up, a small smile on her face. she threw it back, landing behind him.

"that wasn't very nice james." alexa scolded him jokingly, bucky cuddled under his blankets. he chuckled as he kicked the sheets off, showing his shirtless upper body.

"m'sorry doll. thought you were steve." he said, alexa messing up his long hair. he whined, swatting her hand away. she sat criss cross on his bed in front of him. she gave him a look, him smirking. she ran her fingers through his hair, him letting out a sigh.

"do you ever think of cutting it?" alexa asked softly, bucky shrugging his shoulders. he quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her down, her squealing at the sudden movement. bucky wrapped his arm around alexa, laying a kiss on her head.

"sometimes. i wonder what i'd look like with my old hair and my metal arm. i don't think i'd look like myself." he admitted, alexa sighing.

"long hair or short hair, metal arm or not, you're still bucky barnes. i personally think you'd look great with short hair, but that's up to you buck." bucky nodded, quietly thanking her.

"you don't gotta thank me buck. now get up, it's decorating day." she sat up, pulling bucky up with her. he cocked up an eyebrow as alexa got out of bed. she walked into his closet, stealing a hoodie cause she was cold. she was in a tank top and shorts, yet her tank top was now covered by the hoodie.

he chuckled at the massive sweatshirt on her small frame, him getting up to slip a long sleeve shirt on.

"what's decorating day?" he asked, the two walked out of his room to the elevator, to eat breakfast.

"decorating day is when the whole team gets together to decorate for the holidays. we all help decorate the main floor yet we can decorate our own floor however we want. steve and i would spend the whole day decorating the floor while we played christmas music. my favorite day of the year." alexa explained, bucky watching as alexa got excited.