thirty one

•••

•••

THE LAST OF everyone's belongings were being moved to the new headquarters tomorrow. it was february 14th, and bucky laid in bed watching alexa's chest rise and fall with each breath she took.

he looked at the floor by his window, the last of his belongings in a boxes. his eyes shifted back to his girl, her moving in her sleep. she groaned, hands going to her eyes to rub them.

"good morning doll face, happy valentine's day." alexa opened her eyes and turned her head to look at a smiling bucky laying next to her. the sun casted a nice glow into the light grey room that bucky was gonna miss.

"morning buck, happy valentine's day." he laid a quick kiss to her lips before bringing her into his arms. she smiled, looking up at him.

"so what's our plan for today mister barnes, with 95 percent of our belongings in upstate new york." she questioned, bucky's hand rubbing up and down her back. she closed her eyes as she felt bucky's hand slip under her shirt.

"well, since you and i aren't too fond of extravagant things, i was thinking just spending the day inside, bake a little, maybe do some other things." she chuckled, bucky smiling as he looked down at her.

"sounds perfect. anything with you is perfect." he smiled, hands moving to twirl with the ends of her hair.

"we could lay in bed all day and that would be just fine with me." alexa suggested, making bucky smile once again. it was still early, it only being 8:17. the two had nothing to do this morning.

"we can definitely lay in bed all day." she laughed, bucky feeling the vibration against his chest. he let out a sigh of content, a small smile resting on his lips.

•••

"james sit your ass down please." bucky laughed at alexa's impatience, bucky sitting across from her on her bed. the two just finished eating breakfast, alexa unable to wait to give bucky his gift.

"alright you can go first." alexa grinned, leaning over the side of the bed to grab two bags. she handed them to bucky, her hands clasped together in her lap. bucky looked at alexa, then back down at the bags.

he opened the first one, pulling out the tissue paper to see what was inside. he pulled out a note, opening it up.

james,

happy valentine's day honey! you make me so incredibly happy! i appreciate you so much, and i'm so lucky that you're in my life. i love you, to the moon and back, i hope you enjoy the presents!