nineteen

•••

•••

STEVE WAS OUT of the tower for a few days, him on a quick mission. new year's eve was on monday, it being friday. it was around two in the afternoon, and the streets of new york were covered in snow.

alexa, having nothing else to do, grabbed her pointe shoes. natasha would most likey scold her, but alexa really didn't care. she walked out of her bedroom, pointe shoes on her feet. bucky was with tony and bruce in the lab, so she was alone on her floor.

she stretched first, and she first started with going up on relevé, her realizing she was relying on muscle memory. she did a few pique and chaine tunes around the room. she did a plié in fifth position, then went into relevé in second position.

she was shocked as she danced, memories from the red room didn't haunt her. she enjoyed dancing now, her smiling at the thought.

she did a few turns a la seconde, finishing it with a clean double. she stopped dancing for a moment, fixing her hair. as she was doing so, bucky came up the elevator, seeing alexa.

"hey you, what are you doing?" bucky asked, walking out of the elevator. alexa smiled, bucky heading into the kitchen for a snack.

"found my pointe shoes, decided to try them on and dance for a bit." bucky hummed, turning around to face alexa from the kitchen.

"didn't you, in the red room?" bucky trailed off, alexa nodding. bucky grabbed his plum and some water and sat on the couch, alexa still standing.

"yea, but i know enjoy it, not being forced to dance, you know? i'm now doing it for fun." alexa said, bucky understanding.

"can you, spin and stuff?" bucky asked curiously, alexa laughing.

"if you mean turn, then yes, i can, quite a bit actually. do you wanna see?" she asked, stepping back from bucky. he nodded, alexa prepped to flawlessly do six fouetté turns, ending it with a clean double. she looked at bucky, who's eyes were widened.

"holy shit doll. do you like, get dizzy?" bucky asked, alexa chuckling. she took a seat next to bucky, starting to take off her shoes.

"no, cause we spot. as we turn, our eyes focus on one thing every time." bucky hummed, acknowledging the statement.

"hey, sam and i are gonna go out tonight at around seven, wanna join?" bucky asked, alexa laying her dance shoes on the floor.

"yea sure, cause i'll end up being the designated driver, because you're gonna drink some of thor's alcohol and knowing you two, you'll end up waking up naked in the middle of canada." bucky chuckled softly.

"the scary thing about that is it may actually happen." alexa laughed, shaking her head. she stood up, grabbing her pointe shoes.

"i was planning on going for a walk through central park, see some snow, wanna come?" alexa asked, bucky thinking for a second. he hated the cold, and snow.