twenty nine

•••

•••

BUCKY WAS CONFUSED when alexa left to go run a few errands without any explanation. she left him with a quick goodbye and kiss on the cheek before rushing off into the elevator. he was confused on why she was acting secretive, the two had nothing to hide from one another.

yet bucky was quite oblivious sometimes. he didn't quite think about the idea that she was out doing the same thing he was doing just a few days earlier.

and there they were, two master assassins standing in the middle of a target looking for a valentine's day gift for bucky.

"and we came to target because?" natasha gave her an unamused expression, alexa shrugging her shoulders as they walked through isles. their hoodies were on, the two trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

"you have any better ideas?" alexa cocked up an eyebrow, the two walking towards the clothing section. natasha stuck her hands in her sweatpants pockets, looking at the selection of hoodies and crewnecks.

"listen, you can get bucky a sweatshirt here, then we can stop at the mall and get him some cologne and maybe a necklace- does he like necklaces?" alexa chuckled, nodding her head.

"yeah he does." "and you can finish it off with a nice handmade letter. he'll love it."

•••

they stopped for lunch on the way home, natasha craving a sandwich from their local deli. it was good, even though the one that peter takes them to in queens was much better.

"fri, where's buck?" alexa questioned, waiting a moment before the welcoming AI responded.

"he's in the shower in his room." alexa thanked the AI, the elevator stopping on natasha's floor first. natasha walked out, turning back to face her friend.

"have you started packing yet?" natasha questioned, alexa sighed, arms crossed over her chest.

"yeah i have. i don't have much left, just my everyday things that's all." natasha scanned alexa's face, humming in response.

"me too, gonna miss this place." alexa nodded, giving a sad smile. "i'm gonna go bring this to my room before buck sees, i'll see you later nat."

the two said their goodbyes, the elevator door closing and going up two floors before opening again. with bags in her hand, she walked out of the elevator, steve on the couch on his tablet most likely doing reports. he cocked up an eyebrow, an amused expression on his face.