four

•••

•••

BUCKY HAS BEEN in the tower for about three weeks now, and he's adjusting just fine. he's still a bit closed off, but he's been opening up to everyone slowly. he just started to train with alexa, her challenging attitude one day caused them to go two and a half hours straight of them fighting together.

"hey buck, how was testing with the science bros?" alexa asked, having a cup of coffee ready for him. he sat at the island, him gladly accepting the cup. she studied his face for a few seconds, noticing the bags under his eyes have slowly gotten smaller.

"it went alright. bruce and tony think they found away to get the trigger words out." a smile formed on bucky's face, so glad that they may have a way to get the words that make him into a killing machine out.

"that's great buck! i'm so glad." she gave him a warm smile, bucky smiling softly back.

"thanks lex. how are you, nightmare wise?" he asked, her sighing as she went and sat on the chair next to him, then swiveling on the chairs to face each other. bucky kept the mug in his hand, occasionally taking sips.

"they've been alright. not as bad but i still get up shaking uncontrollably and crying. at least i'm not screaming in my sleep like i was the week before." bucky nodded, a apologetic look on his face.

"i told you, wake me up whenever, we can always talk doll." she smiled at the nickname, him starting to call her that last week.

"thank you buck."

he gave her a small smile, him taking a sip of his coffee. steve came through the elevator, seeing the two chatting. he smiled, walking towards them.

"hey buck, lex." he greeted the two, bucky having coffee in his mouth. he swallowed the hot liquid, wiping his mouth.

"hey stevie." alexa gave steve a warm smile, her taking a final sip of her coffee. she hopped off the barstool to place her empty cup in the dishwasher. she made her way past steve who was standing infront of the open fridge.

"well if you'll excuse me, i have to get tony a birthday gift. call me if you need anything." the two nodded, her heading into her room to change.

"steve, i was actually plannin' on heading out to the store too, get some clothes." steve nodded, him making himself a cup of coffee.

"alright buck, make sure you got your phone on ya just incase." bucky nodded, hearing alexa's bedroom door open. she had kept her sweatpants on, yet she had changed into a t-shirt instead of her tank top.

"bye boys." she stuck her phone into her pocket, the boys saying goodbye back. as the doors closed, the two struck up a conversation again, talking until bucky had no more coffee in his cup.

•••

alexa walked through the mall, her entering a store that had the goofy gift she was looking for. she felt eyes on her, yet she thought nothing of it.