twenty seven

•••

•••

BUCKY STIRRED IN his sleep, a low groan escaping his lips. he stretched his arm out, feeling the emptiness on the other side of the bed. he fianlly opened his eyes, head turning to where his girl usually laid.

he rubbed his eyes, slowly sitting. bucky's mind was racing on where she could be. it was the early morning, the room in a orange haze. bucky thought that after last night she would be tired out, he knew he was.

he groaned once more before throwing the warm comforter off of himself and pushing himself off the bed. he knew wouldn't be able to sleep without her.

he finds a pair of sweats, the waistband low on his hips. he grabbed a sweatshirt, slipping it on before starting his search. he made a beeline to the kitchen, knowing she needed her cup of coffee in the morning.

when he noticed it was empty, his search continued. a sleepy grin laid on his face when he spotted her on the balcony. his heart swelled as he watched her stand peacefully, the streets of new york oddly quite.

alexa's back was to him, but he knew she was wearing one of his v-necks, one of her shoulders exposed. she was also wearing her joggers, the new york air brisk as january was coming to an end. he noticed her holding the cup of hot coffee in her hands delicately.

even though he's seen her like this before, his heart flutters every time. he started to walk towards her, wanting her in his arms.

bucky's arms wrapped around her waist, draping his body over her. alexa hears him inhale deeply, then she hears a sigh of content. alexa's soft giggle filled the air, the smile returning to bucky's lips.

bucky leaves a kiss where her shoulder and neck meet, the feeling of his scruff made her bite her lip with a smile.

"mornin' lover." she spoke softly, placing her empty mug down to hold one of his hands.

"back to bed baby, s'too early to be awake." he mumbled, alexa loving the sound of his raspy voice. he left a kiss on her shoulder.

alexa turned to face him, a smile laying on her lips at her favorite solider. her hands ran down his chest, covered by a black hoodie, paired with sweatpants she got for him. his hair was a mess, a small, tired smile laid on his lips, and eyes holding enough love and affection for the both of them. it made her heart melt.

"looks like i tired out a super soldier, hm?" she questioned, hugging him as he leaned into her embrace.

"you're a super solider too babydoll." he mumbled into her shoulder, her giggling. he laid a soft kiss on her lips, before giving her a second kiss on the forehead.

"come back to bed please doll, you know i sleep better with you there." he pleaded, alexa smiling softly.

"okay." she whispered, shaking her head affectionately. she held his hand as bucky led them back to his room. he immediately got back into bed, alexa getting in bed right next to him.

bucky held her tight, face in her hair. the smell of her lavender shampoo filled his nose. he pressed a kiss to her head, then another kiss.

"i love you." he mumbled, her feeling his hands rub down her back. "god damn i love you so much."

alexa tilted her head up, looking at him with the same amount of love and affection.

"i love you too, my sweet, silly man." she giggled, hand going to the nape of his neck to pull him into a loving kiss. she tugged his hoodie off, throwing it to the floor, deja vu from the night before.

he tugged at her shirt, a tiny pout on his face as she wouldn't help him take it off. a loving smile on her face, she shook her head, but nonetheless allowed him to take the shirt off.

they shrugged their sweats off, them ending up the way they were after last night; the two embracing each other tightly with nothing but the bedsheets covering their bodies.

"james?" alexa whispered, bucky humming in response. she felt bucky's hand rub up and down her side, alexa closing her eyes.

"since coming to the tower, do you have any regrets about anything?" she tilted her head up to meet his eyes, watching him nod.

"my only regret is not telling you i loved you sooner."

•••

bucky and alexa walked out of the elevator together onto the main floor, everyone gathered at the table. everyone saw them walk in, alexa in bucky's infamous red henley.

"morning you two, sleep well?" steve asked, a hint of teasing in his blue eyes. alexa looked at bucky out of the corner of her eye, before looking back at steve.

"yea, slept great. how about you?" alexa asked, making her and bucky some eggs. bucky opened the cabinet, grabbing two mugs.

"i didn't sleep to well, maybe it was outside or something but it was loud." steve took a bite of his toast, alexa biting her lip to hold back a smile as bucky gave steve the ultimate winter solider look.

"odd. i didn't hear anything." sam spoke up, natasha agreeing. steve hummed, looking at the couple.

"maybe it was just my floor. lex, buck, did you hear anything?" he questioned innocently, alexa and bucky glaring at him.

"i'm not afraid to beat the goddamn shit out of you. shut your goddamn mouth and eat your breakfast rogers." alexa pointed the spatula at him before turning back around to face the stove.

"not gonna lie, that reminded me of my mom." bucky spoke up, steve nodding.

"i loved her, but damn she was scary when she was mad." the soldiers laughed, alexa moving the eggs from the stove to a plate. bucky brought the mugs of coffee to the table, the two sitting down.

alexa made eye contact with wanda from across the table, a knowing smile on her face. alexa's face got red, giving wanda all the confirmation she needed. alexa shook her head, eating her breakfast.