I Should Probably Be In Prison: Sarah POV

A/N: Merry Christmas loves, sorry it took a while :)

____________________________________________________

Leave it to Eva to walk straight into a fricken talon.

"Make a move and I'll slit her pretty neck," said the woman in a shaking, old lady voice. She rubbed her dangerous nail against Eva's throat threateningly. I glanced at everyone. Robin was gripping Bleu's arm tightly, while Jace and Corin were frozen reaching for their weapons. We obviously were not prepared for this; we had let our guard down. And now one of our friends was in grave danger. For a millisecond no one moved. Her eyes darted to Jace's half-drawn sword. "Behave for Grandma, children, especially you Demigods, or you'll watch her die." The old woman smiled sweetly.

"Uhm, yeah," said Eva who was casually checking her nails, "that won't be necessary." She looked thoroughly unimpressed with all of this, especially something that called itself Grandma. My respect for her rose about 1000%. "What do you want? Obviously you have something to say, otherwise I'd already be dead."

"Well aren't you a know it all." The monster narrowed her beady eyes at her. Eva shrugged. Then she leaned forward and breathed, "I'm here to tell you you're mission is worthless, you will all fail, and then you will all be killed by my master."

"And I'm here to tell you that you need a tic tac, for gods sake," Eva said plugging her nose.

"Do not sass Grandmother!"

"I wasn't sassing you, you old hag," Eva shot back, "I was giving you some good advice!" Grandma's talon pressed softly against her neck.

"Grandmother is not pleased with your attitude young lady," she hissed. "And my hygiene is perfect," she added as an afterthought. Eva opened her mouth to respond but Jace interrupted their spat.

"Who is your master?" Jace was staring at her, probably trying to figure out what she was and how to kill her. "And what the hell are you?"

"She's an Ehi," Eva sniffed. Robin made a disgusted noise and Bleu shuddered. "It's a mythological horror from the early Alexandrian age. Some common features include: thin, ashy, stick-like legs, mangled, clawed hands and feet, a wiry twisting frame, topped off by a massive egg shaped head far too big for its wretched body. Otherwise, an old woman." The Ehi gave a howl of rage and leapt forward, trying to cut off her head. We all sprang into action immediately. As I yanked my dagger out of my boot, Corin seized Eva and pulled her out of the way then I sliced through the creatures arm. Clutching at it blindly, the thing screamed, tripped over itself, and knocked over a display of Steven King books. Hard back. The monster was pretty much done. Eva gently brushed Corin off and went over to the Ehi which was still wailing. "While the Ehi is considered dangerous it is also known to be a bumbling creature, lacking coordination and physical grace." Then she finished it off with a retractable knife she had hidden in a bracelet.

"Whoa, nice going Eva." I said complementing her.

"Very bad ass," Bleu congratulated. Eva just blushed and turned to face us.

"No, those things are pretty stupid. Just get 'em mad and they fall apart." She brushed some hair behind her ear and grinned. "Nothing like you guys fighting those Chimeras back in New York, that was amazing."

"Why thanks, it was nothing," Jace said pressing a hand over his chest. I elbowed him hard.

"But now is not the time to bask in all the glory. You think there will be more of Grandma around?"

"Those things don't travel in packs do they?" Corin asked glancing around.

"Not usually, no, but I wouldn't be surprised." said Eva.