I Meet A Giant Brat: Sarah POV

"Are you okay?! Why are you here?! Why did Grover-?"

"Sorry. Not...not his fault." I murmured to the voice. "I made him."

"What? Here, drink this."

Something was forced into my mouth. I drank it, surprised by the taste. It was pure chocolate brownies, like the ones Mom made when she was in a good mood. I hadn't tasted them for years! They had just the right amount of smoothness and I could taste the chocolate chips I would always sprinkle in there. It was in the liquid state though. Strength began rushing back to me, and my head stopped hurting so bad. I was lying on the ground; I felt the grass swaying in the gentle breeze. Cautiously I opened my eyes. At first I thought I was looking in the mirror. I blinked rapidly. It was just Percy...his eyes were so much like mine.

"What?" I asked dumbly.

"Are you alright? Man, you could have died! How'd you kill her? I'm so sorry!" Percy spoke too quickly. My mind was still trying to address the first question. Was I alright? Yeah, I felt fine. My head didn't hurt all that much anymore, and I figured that I probably should have been freaking out like the girl who was now trying to be comforted by three different people. But honestly, I wasn't. If I hadn't felt sure that I was going to die killing the monster would have been...well...fun. I stood up carefully. I wasn't shaking or anything. We were still in the clearing of the snake monster incident. I figured I must of only been out for a couple minutes. I noticed that everyone was staring at me, almost in a sort of awe. It was creeping me out.

"I'm good." I said answering all his questions. "What happened though? Why was that thing here?" I was sure Percy had called this a safe place, the best place for people like us. It didn't seem like that should include the exact thing I was trying to get away from. Percy gave me a weird look.

"Why are you so calm? You just fought and killed a Scythian Dracaenae. That's...I mean...you're eight!" He looked at me warily, like I was going to burst into tears at the thought of scary monsters. Normally I would have. But I felt stronger. I mean, I had fought and killed a Scythe...Dracana...thing! I felt a burst of pride, but then the sobbing girl broke away from her pack of admirers and ran to Percy.

"I-I'm so-so sorry, P-percy!" she wailed. "I wa-was trying t-to use the Iris messaging a-and I said the wrong thi-thing!" She gave a small hiccup and turned to me. "You c-could have died! I-I'm so sorry!" She jumped at me and hugged me. I stood there, frozen and slightly terrified, as she bawled on my shirt. I stared wildly at Percy like, oh my gods get this emotional stranger off me right now.

He patted the girl on the back. "It's okay Leah, anyone could make that mistake." He motioned for a girl to come and take her away, and thankfully she did. A question swirled around in my head. Well maybe two. Or nine.

"What was the monster called again?" I wanted to know. "And what did she mean 'her master'? And that 'they would get me'? And also, what is Grover?" I asked that one because he came stumbling into sight. He did not look pleased.

"Er, Scythian Dracaenae," he said distracted. "I don't know what she meant by anything. And he's a Satyr. Half-man, half-goat." Oh. I thought he was half-cow. Oh well.

"Percy!" Grover said angrily. "Do you know what she just did?!"

"She fought and defeated a fully formed Dracaenae and saved at least a dozen people in the process? Yeah, I heard."

Grover looked dumbstruck and so did I. I saved people? Maybe that's why they were staring. They thought I was some sort of hero. I didn't think that was completely true, and neither did Grover. "She what?! But...but..." He could see that it was no use blaming me. Grover looked at me and said, "Good job."