My Very Own Storm: Eva POV

A/N this is Carloaf. Back to write more. Did you like my cousins chapter? Please tell me. I know I was laughing when I read it. Anyway, back to the story. (damn straight.)

*****************************************************************

(Me: Sarah! I told you to wait till I got so far, and THEN you could have the mic! Not before! I'm not far enough yet! Just wait like, an hour or so. It won't take me too long. Go kill some monsters.) Sorry about that. I just had to yell at Sarah over there, because she's a butt. (Sarah: You were getting boring! And you had it for three chapters!) Anyway. Where was I before she so rudely took the mic? Oh ya! I had just dug into my pizza.

The food was amazing. I even went up for seconds, which wasn't like me at all. I got to know everyone at the table and we talked about the different things that they had to go through eight years ago. Turns out that Dad would have helped them if he hadn't been taking care of me and Mom. I was really surprised by the fact that most of the people at the table almost died as many times as they did.

"So tell us. What is your family like?" asked Zia.

I looked a Carter before continuing. He nodded but mouthed the words no brother."Well, my family is really awesome. We live in an apartment in Manhattan. My dad is a school principal at Goode High School and is really funny. My mom is the best mom ever. She is a book writer and works at a candy shop. She brings sweets home with her sometimes but only eats the blue and gives me the rest."

"Why does she only eat the blue?" asked Felix.

I hesitated glancing at Carter. "You know what, I really don't know. I know it has something to do with her ex-husband, but other then that, I really don't know," was my reply. I didn't like lying to these people and I don't see how they didn't know that something was wrong with my facial expression.

"Oh," he said, clearly disappointed. The conversation continued with me only half listening. I could hear Rob and Bleu fighting next to me, (Sarah: When aren't they? Me: Shut up will you?) but I couldn't tell what about. I was too deep in thought. When I finally finished my supper, I got up and said good night to them and promised to be up at eight.

I walked up to my room and found my pjs in the closet. I slipped them on and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had medium brown hair with distinct blonde highlights, which I had just gotten last week, that fell to just above my waist. My eyes, blue as they were, stood out from my tanned skin. I was skinny and fit like I had worked out every day of my existence, which was a complete and total lie, and I could see my checks slightly redden at the thought. Ugh. I hated my blush. I couldn't get away with any lie to anyone but my parents because of it. Although some boys did find it cute... No. Eva, stay focused. No thoughts of boys. (Sarah: That's all we think about. Me: I know, but still, I have to try to think of other stuff. Sarah: ...Why?) My fingernails and toenails were long with the nails two rotating shades of blue with a french tip of the opposite blue. I didn't see how my mom got my nails this good, but I knew that I wouldn't have to go to a nail salon again. I had traces of makeup on that I had put on for my birthday party (Sarah: YOU WERE EIGHT. Me: Are you going to be interrupting me the whole freaking time?! Sarah: YES.). It felt like months ago but it was only this morning. I missed Percy and Annabeth, I had no way of knowing where they went after they left my party, but they left rather quickly.(Sarah: Wanted to get away from youuuu. Me: Get out of my room!) I couldn't look at the mirror any more. I turned and grabbed my book that I was reading and climbed into bed ready to pull an all-nighter to finish it.

***

I don't know why, but I always seemed calm while reading. Reading was my gateway into my own world, or the world of the author, I should say. And what a world at that! Flying brooms and castles, dragons and pixies, Latin curses instead of swords. It was all very stunning and worth an all-nighter, which I realized happened as I heard my alarm go off at seven thirty. I had to get up and get downstairs in half an hour. I dressed in the blue cotton clothes the wardrobe offered me and began making my way downstairs. I got down there and grabbed a bowl of cereal that was already poured on the food bar and made my way over to Rob at a table by the pool. As I sat down, it started to rain on the balcony. Everyone freaked out and ran back inside the house. I just sighed and began eating my breakfast. Not even worried about the rain. It fell slow and dreary. I finished my breakfast and walked into the house for my first lesson. I wondered what it would be about, seeing as it was only my first full day there. I was told last night to meet them in the library so I made my way there. When I got there, I was sat down and asked to explain what happened outside. I did as they told me and told them.