My Birthday Party Gone Wrong: Eva POV

A/N This is a crossover between Percy Jackson and The Kane Chronicles. It starts off eight years after the Giant War and the War with Apophis. Enjoy! 

Update: I'm just going through the story now to fix any major errors, like spelling. I'll rewrite the entire book for NaNoWriMo this year so it'll actually be readable and relevant to the updated story line. So yay.

**********************************************************************************

Alright. I know you all know the story about Percy Jackson, but I bet you didn't know about me. I'm Eva Blofis, his little half sister. Now don't freak out! I'm not a daughter of Poseidon, just the other parent. His, my, mom. Like I know he's said before in his books, she's amazing. Anyway, off topic. I was born right after he left for the trip to Greece, so he had no idea about me until he got back. Oh, it was just the most wonderful time for a family reunion right? (hint the sarcasm) He had just lost more people he loved and so soon after the Titan War too. He never really had gotten over the loss in that war and then they forced him into another one. Sucks, right?

So, Percy got home from the Giant War to find me, a little month old baby that he had no idea about. He was mad that Mom hadn't said anything when they had iris-messaged so he decided to blow off steam at camp. It didn't really work, so he came home with a girl named Annabeth. They got married the year after and I was the flower girl. I looked really cute actually. The wedding went great until a weird guy in a cotton ninja suit...thing told my Mom and Dad that Percy and I needed to be separated. Percy then moved out of the house to stay at some other camp on the other side of the country. I was a little upset. Oh, before I should tell you any more, you should know one thing. I'm a magician. Now I know what your thinking. Not that kind of magician. I don't pull stuff out of hats or shove swords down my throat. No, no. I mean like an ancient Egyptian magician. Try saying that three times fast. Haha. So, back to the story.

It was actually just my eighth birthday party when I finally was told that i was a magician. Percy and I were messing around on the floor, you know. Rough housing, fighting, playing, with Annabeth laughing at us in a chair. Suddenly, the water from a nearby vase decided to join us and got me soaked. Of course, Percy can't get wet, but it was fun seeing if I could. . . Wait, I just claimed that i did it! I didn't! I don't think I did at least.

Anyway, Mom came running in the room because she had heard the vase break and guessed it was a monster or something. She looked at me soaked on the floor and then at Percy who immediately pointed at me. Mom told him to stop blaming people who didn't do it but Percy persisted that he didn't. Dad came in to see what the noise was and looked worried. Mom immediately pushed him into the kitchen and closed the door. They started talking in whispers, which meant that they didn't want us to know something. I quickly got in position with my excuse that I was hungry ready and went over to the door to listen. I'd gotten really good at doing this with my parents over the years. It kinda was really a bad habit that I needed to break, but what the heck, might as well.

When i got to the door, the first sentence caught my attention. "You know perfectly well they can't be together! He taps her energy source just by thinking of water." That was Dad, definitely.

"It's bad enough that one of my kids has to go away because of who his father is, now you want me to send Eva to a mansion full of unsupervised kids?!" demanded Mom. What were they talking about?

"Not fully unsupervised. There is and adult or two there. The two people who run it are technically adults now." Okay. This conversation was getting weird.

"I don't care! They might be adults age wise, but if what you say about them is true than they will still act like teenagers." I was really getting interested now.

"I understand that, but it's for the best. She is the key. Whether it's to the next great prophecy, (I could hear Mom flinch from this side of the door) or about the future of the Egyptian magicians." Wait. Egyptian what?

"I know, but I just can't help it sometimes. I don't want to lose my two babies while they fight on opposite sides. I might just go through and kill every last god or goddess on this earth and every other one too." Not what I was expecting.

"No. I won't let you seek that much revenge but I will help with some of it." I could hear the sadness in his voice. It made me want to run in there and hug him. But a hand stopped me. It was a girl with tanish skin and a dirty blond hair with blue highlights. She told me to get out of the way and stepped into the room. I heard Mom scream and noticed that Percy had disappeared. He would never have been able to stay out of the room had he heard it. I guessed that he left with Annabeth when Mom and Dad went into the kitchen. Dad asked, "Now? Why now? Can't you wait another year?"

"No. We need her now." I couldn't recognize the voice so I assumed that it was the girl's. "Oh, and by the way, she's been listening at the door for some time. I would have asked her to come in with me, but I didn't want to seem rude and pushy."

What!? She's at the door!?" I heard Dad say before walking away from the door right as it swung open, "Eva. I was just about to go looking for you. Do you want to spend the night with your cousin Sadie?"

****************************************************************************************************

A/N edited! Tell me if you see anything wrong! Anyway, don't forget to fan, comment, vote, etc. etc.

<3 Carloaf ( if you figure out why that is my nickname, I'll put you in my story.)