Six Years Later... And Another Birthday Ruined: Eva POV

(A/N Hey, it's Carloaf! Please comment, vote, and fan! Also, please comment and tell us what you think, it would help us a lot. Carloaf<3)

Bits and pieces of what happened last night became clear in my head. A glass of punch here, a food/cake fight there. What the crap happened? I got up slowly and made my way downstairs.

"And sleeping beauty is up!" yelled Bleu from across the living room.

"Shut up or I'll tell everyone that you spiked my punch." I replied, knowing full well that he had.

"Shutting up." he said and slipped back into the shadows and onto the balcony through the secret door that I installed last year. I walked through the main door not wanting to give away the secret door's location. I grabbed a cup of coffee and went to sit down by Rob and Bleu but was redirected by Emmy, Charlie's little sister. I looked around for Alex and Lux, Carter and Zia's children, but i didn't see them. I really didn't want to know what those two were up to. For kids named after cities in Egypt, Alexandria and Luxor, they sure seemed to be destroying parts of it a lot.

"Hurry up!" Emmy said tugging on my shirt. I followed her to the main table where Sadie and Walt sat talking about something. I sat down and looked at them.

"So what do you need me for?" I asked sipping my coffee.

"Well..." Sadie said cautiously, not wanting to be the one to bring on the storm, literally.

"We don't think it's a good idea for you to go to your birthday party today." Walt said fearlessly.

"Not go to the one thing I have been looking forward to since last year?" I asked knowing the answer and feeling the anger swelling up inside of me. It started to lightly sprinkle on the balcony. No one noticed but Sadie, Walt and Rob. [Sarah: Oh, you can be such a brat sometimes. It's like we really are sisters!]

"No. I don't think you should go." said Walt slightly loosing his fearlessness.

"I'll go with her." said Rob from behind me. She scared me so bad, I jumped.

"Don't sneak up on me Rob." I said turning to her.

"Don't get mad E." That calmed me down a little, but only because I wanted to laugh at the new nickname.

"I'm going whether you want me to or not and no one can stop me." I said turning back to Walt.

"You sound like Sadie on her thirteenth birthday. And that ended with Carter and her at the bottom of a lake in Russia with a dwarf god named Bes. Is that how you want your birthday to end?"

"No no. Of course not. And it's not going to end that way. I promise. I'll have Rob with me. Nothing could go wrong."

"Okay, but if you're wrong, you better be expecting an I told you so when you get back."

"Already expecting it. Can we use the car?"

"Go ahead."

"Yes! Let's go Rob." As we were walking for the garage door, Bleu caught up to us.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Same place I always go this time of year, and for the same reason we had the party last night in my room."

"Your birthday and your mom and dad's?"

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'.

"Can I come?"

I checked with Rob before I answered him. She gave me the okay so I said, "Sure. but you better ask Sadie and Walt."

"Alright." he said and walked back to the balcony to talk to Sadie.