Chapter 1 ~ waking up

Slouching over in the backseat of my parents car, the blaring sound of my headphones drown out the sound of the late night traffic. Thinking back it all seems like a blur but yet still so fresh in my mind. The crash. The shouting. The silence, then everything went black.
***

I wake up with a constant bleeping to one side of me and a small tube linked up across the other. I take a moment to examine my surroundings then a face pops out at me.
"Good morning," it says, i hesitantly reply with a 'hello' before she introduces herself as my nurse and explains my situation- as if I don't already know. I was driving back from a restaurant with my parents and brother, oh god. My family. Where were they? Were they alright? I remember the nurse mentioning something about a button I could press if I needed anything. I fumbled around me for a moment before finding it.
"Hello," I talked into it, not really knowing what to say, "er this is Paige King, I was wondering about where my family are." A different nurse came and told me the room number, I couldn't leave but apparently they could come to me. I guess that was a good sign, that at least they could leave their beds.

Soon after the nurse went to fetch my parents, another voice startled me.
"Hey," he said. It was a soft voice, gentle, he sounded young too. "The princess awakes." I couldn't help but smile, when I looked up the voice belonged to a tall boy with blonde hair. He had bold blue eyes, they were gorgeous actually. I recognise him but I don't know why. He wore a cheeky grin on his face and I'm pretty sure my facial expression now matched his.
"Hi," I replied, "I'm Paige."
"Charlie."
I reach out to shake his hand and instead end up moving the bed on wheels, falling out of it which then moves my tubes and sets off some kind of beeping. Shit. Once I've finished dying of embarrassment due to my curse of clumsiness I clamber back into my bed- with a bit of help- I look up at Charlie and see he's trying to hold back a laugh. 'Real smooth Paige' I think to myself.
***

My parents and brother arrive later and I'm, so relieved to see their alright, I'm alright too now, well now that I'm awake. They think I might have few broken bones but that's all. They still wanted to keep me in overnight to run things like x-Rays and sort out a cast. I was lucky.
~~~

A/N
Soooo, what do you guys think of my first chapter. Sorry it's a bit short but I just wanted to start it off. Leo will be added in later and so will some other characters. Sorry if there's any like spelling mistakes and grammar stuff I'm hopeless with all that. And sorry if the layouts kinda weird, I'm still trying to get used to using wattpadd. I've read loads of storied but this is the first one I'm writing so sorry if it's crap. Anyway I'm gonna go now because I think this A/N is just turning into one big apology letter.
- Levries_143_