Chapter 8~ stage 3: the date

Charlie's POV
It's the day of the date with Leo and Liv, I'm with Paige who's busy thinking of ship names while I'm texting Leo where to meet 'Lizzie'.
"Hmm, Livondre, olivileo, olileo-"
"Olileo?" I said chuckling. I think out of all of them Livondre was the best, but despite what I said Paige continued to brainstorm.
"-liveo, oliviondre, leolia..." I swear they're getting worse.
"Cmon Paige, you need to text Liv about where to meet her mystery date," I nagged.
"Ok fine," she picked up her phone and text her.
To Liv🌎😚:
Hey so ur date is at the park at 1 ur going for a romantic picnic. I'll be over in ten to help u get ready
Ok now that's sorted I say bye to Paige as she leaves for Liv's house.

Leo's POV
So I just got agent from Charlie telling me to meet 'lizzie' at the park in one hour, I know it's not really someone called Lizzie. I overheard Charlie and Paige talking about the date. And Paige saying she wanted everything to be perfect, and Charlie saying he'd set it all up for her. I'm going with Paige. I'm really glad as well, I still liked her and wasn't really ready to move on, but Charlie was setting me up so I thought what harm could it do.
At least now I know he's alright with us. I mean he set the whole thing up and nothing's happened between him and Paige since they were in hospital. I'm so exited now. I grab a nice t shirt from my draw and put on some skinny jeans, I had to look good but casual. I style my hair and make sure its perfect before I leave the house and set off to the park.

***
I arrive there 5 minutes early and spot on the floor a red picnic rug and basket. Paige isn't there yet. I take a seat on the rug and wait.
Right on time I see a figure coming towards me, she here, as the figure gets closer I start to notice the figure isn't Paige. It's Liv.
I don't know what's going on, what's Liv doing here, I'm meant to be on a date with Paige. When she comes over she looks at me funny.
"Leo? What are you doing here," she says a little confused but for some reason she seems happy to see me.
"Erm, I'm here on a blind date," I leave out the Paige part, "Charlie set me up."
"Oh, er well I'm here on a blind date, Paige set me up." What did she just say? Was I on a date with Liv, not Paige. Shit.
"What, oh- er ok. So are we on a date together then. Look I'm sorry I had no idea, I'll go then."
"Wait, why? I mean, we might as well stay. It's still a date." She says. Oh god I have no i sea what to do.
"Look I'm really sorry, it's just I overheard a conversation before and well, I thought I was here to go on a date with Paige, I have a bit of a crush on her." I thought that would be safe to say because it wasn't like she knew it would be me, and she doesn't like me like that. I thought wrong as I saw a heartbroken look on her face. Just then a gasp comes from the bushes. My and Liv's head snap around. It was Paige. This is about to get twice as confusing.

Paige's POV
Ok so this date is definitely going worse than planned, first they weren't happy to see each other and now Leo goes ahead and tells Liv that he likes me. She's going to be crushed and I'm going to crush him! I let out an involuntary gasp and their heads turn, I think I just gave myself away. I peep my head out of the bushes and as I do, a Charlie peeps out from his hiding place.
"Er hey guys, fancy seeing you here," I knew it was no use, they already knew.
"Paige? What's going on," Leo asks.
I sigh, "ok look, me and Charlie were trying to set you two up on a date, here, now."
"Aww, thank you that's so sweet," Liv says.
"Um, Liv can I talk to you a sec," Leo says, frowning. He leads her off to one side and I text charlie:
P: you might wanna come, sorta backfired.
I wait for a minute until my phone beeps.
C: on my way

Leo's POV
Ok so right now I'm pretty pissed off at Paige and Charlie. Why were they trying to set me up with Liv when I don't like her, I mean I like her as a friend, but Charlie knows I like Paige. And now I have to explain all of this to Liv who now likes me. Great!
"Ok I really don't know how to say this but Liv I like you as a friend, and that's all. I don't really know why Paige and Charlie would set us up together and I'm sorry if you do have any feelings for me that way," I think that's alright.
"It's ok, I get it." She walks away.

***
I return to our spot on the picnic blanket where Paige is sat.
"Hey," I say.
"Look, I really sorry about the date I didn't know and-" I cut her off by kissing her. She doesn't respond for a moment before kissing back.

Charlie's POV
I got a text from Paige saying to meet her at the park because the plans gone wrong, I walk past all of the slides and swings before I get to the field behind it. I can already see something I wish I hadn't. Now I know how Leo felt...

A/N
Happy late Valentine's Day, I didn't have the chapter ready and couldn't post so sorry for the bit of a wait. I'm in London for the next few days so might not be able to post much, I'll try. Comment what you think of this chapter - Levries_143_