∆ɴɪɴᴇ∆

I was utterly terrified. But I think I am more confused than any other emotion that was washing in like waves. I had just been attacked by a...creature...that was beyond the strength of a normal man. I mean, he broke my ankle and snapped both of the bones in my wrist almost effortlessly. Even if someone was strong enough to do that, I hardly doubt he was one of those people. He was extremely scrawny with a lean and slim figure. I don’t think someone like him could be that strong.

I looked to Joseph for answers. He had small golden sparks dying from his fingertips as he crouched beside me, opposite to the side Caesar was on. They both exchanged glances at my previous question. But, neither of them had said anything at all.

“We should get you some help first,” Joseph said. “Your wrists and ankle look broken.”

“I want to know what the hell that was,” I said, glaring at him, making his eye soften and for him to frown a little.

“Jojo is right, Y/n. We’ll take you to the hospital,” Caesar said, making me turn and look at his serious expression. “Then we’ll explain everything.”

“Will you just let us help you first? That’s more important right now,” Jojo said.

“A-alright,” I muttered. They had a point. Not to mention these hurt. A lot.

“I’ll start your car,” Jojo said, to which Caesar nodded.

“Here, wrap your arms around my neck.” I felt my cheeks tint pink a little, but I did so. Caesar slipped a hand under my knees and around my back before lifting me effortlessly.

“Wait! Joseph, Dixie’s gone!” I exclaimed, remembering that she had run off. Joseph turned back to look at me as both males quickly began to walk away back towards the direction of Suzie’s home.

“How do you think we found you?” He asked, making my eyebrows furrow together. “She ran back to the house and Caesar found her when he came over. She led us right to you.”

“Where is she now?” I asked, fearing that she was now wandering around. I’d probably never find her if she did.

“Suzie has her,” He responded, before jogging to the black car placed outside of Suzie’s home. Outside, the blonde woman stood worriedly. I could see Dixie in the window, watching us intently.

“Oh no!” She said, rushing to Caesar’s side. “Y/n! Oh, I knew I shouldn’t have let you go alone!”

“I’m fine,” I said, trying to keep the tears at bay. When people said broken bones hurt, I never expected them to hurt this bad.

“No, you aren’t,” Caesar said, as Joseph ran around and opened the door.

“Caesar?” I said quietly. He seemed...upset. He ignored me as he placed me in the middle seat. Both he and Joseph slipped in beside me, slamming the car door simultaneously. I grimaced as a wave of pain overtook me, screwing my eyes shut as I clenched my jaw tightly.

“Shit,” Caesar hissed. “Go that way, it’s faster.” I felt the car take a sharp turn, and a pair of hands shoot out to hold my shoulders steady.

“Crap,” Joseph said. “Y/n, I’m so sorry.”

“I-It’s okay,” I said, opening one eye to look at his worried ones. “Y-you didn’t know.”

“Stop jerking the car so damn much!” Caesar said, grabbing the dash as he kept one arm on my side. He pulled me closer to his side.

“I can’t help it! There are people everywhere!”

“Turn here!”

I winced and pulled my ankle closer to my body instinctively. Caesar saw this and tightened his grip on my body. My wrists throbbed and ached, but it was nothing compared to my ankle. I could feel the tears rolling over my cheeks, and it was hard to suppress my whimpers and winces of pain.